Autopsy We are the 2013 Premiers!!!!! Do the autopsy, express your joy.... all the good stuff

Remove this Banner Ad

u5yje7eb.jpg

Speechless. I love my Hawks!

First the lowlights
Pre game birds of tokyo were ****ing terrible. Were they trying to pump up a crowded elevator?

Highlights- Poppy in the last quarter in the forward pocket, chased tackled fumbled, kicked a freo player in the shins, didnt get a free but gee loved his efforts.
Buddy knocking a few players over.
Birchalls hit on Pearce.
Pearce fumbling like a little girl all day.
Burgoyne's first quarter.
Lake in every quarter.
Few efforts from Hale, he got pinged for sliding on one occasion but he threw his body in. Very happy him and Baily got a medal:)
Very happy they got their 11th premiership and im very proud of all involved during the year:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We couldn't have asked for anything more from our great club this season. Clarko, the real 'genius', has done it again. We are living through a privileged era here people. Hoping that the media will give more credit to our coaching group, culture and in general our list over the coming days now that we have secured #11.
Fantastic all round effort by the whole team today, required input from the entire 22. Super happy with big Hale, Gunner and Briansbargains Lake. Just thought Haley kept smacking his big body into Sandi and kept him honest right till the last siren...love it when he clunks a few around the ground too.
How good was Puopolo's 10 efforts in a row in that last quarter...lots of love for the short man.

2013 premiers. 22-3 season. VFL premiers. Kennett Curse broken. In a prelim no less, bundling Geelong out in the process. Doesn't get much better than that. We have now ticked off the 10's in our streak of winning a premiership in every decade since the 60's too. Hopefully we can add to that tally before the 20's start.

I dont get this Kennet Curse. Im just mesmerized the amount of Fluke wins Geelongistan had over your mob. With decent umpires, the hawks would of won half of those cats games easily.

Oh and I wonder where the big Fella Jeff Kennet is now?

We couldn't have asked for anything more from our great club this season. Clarko, the real 'genius', has done it again. We are living through a privileged era here people. Hoping that the media will give more credit to our coaching group, culture and in general our list over the coming days now that we have secured #11.
Fantastic all round effort by the whole team today, required input from the entire 22. Super happy with big Hale, Gunner and Briansbargains Lake. Just thought Haley kept smacking his big body into Sandi and kept him honest right till the last siren...love it when he clunks a few around the ground too.
How good was Puopolo's 10 efforts in a row in that last quarter...lots of love for the short man.

Not that I giva shiit, the consensus will be about how brave Freo were and they could have won if they took their chances blah blah blah

We'll be given a quick little mention about how it was an even contribution and the extra finals experience made some difference but be ready for most so called experts to focus on what could have been for Freo....

Don't get me wrong I thought it was a really gutsy effort but they were beaten by a very good team on the biggest stage of all

Go Hawks!!!

I dont get this Kennet Curse. Im just mesmerized the amount of Fluke wins Geelongistan had over your mob. With decent umpires, the hawks would of won half of those cats games easily.

Oh and I wonder where the big Fella Jeff Kennet is now?

Mate the big irony is that the 11-0 actually just made this moment more beautiful. Beating Geelong last weekend in the way we did was what I imagine a pig's orgasm feels like. If we had split those wins between 08-13 it would have been nowhere near as sweet as it is. You couldn't have scripted it any better. Awesome feeling.

Really good win today. We never quite hit the heights and it proves what Clarko said all along, they're not easy to win.

Felt that Freo mirrored what we did last year to a large degree - they'll be haunted by their kicking at goal for a long, long time. I think the scoring shots stat doesn't tell the whole tale; IIRC we had one snap from Hodge that went OOF, and they had at least 3 OOF plus Pav's "centering" kick, and so many points from easy shots. Dreadful loss of composure... now guess what happens when you go to the GF and the other side is giving it right back to you in a cauldron of 100,000 screaming fans? Aha... well I guess all the bandwagon flogs forgot that little detail.

Such a massive heck YOU to the idiots like BT who carried on all week about how we'd crack under Freo's pressure. Maniacal? Tell that to Puopolo. Tell that to Stratts when he ran down Crowley. Tell that to Buddy who sacrificed his own game to lay hits on Crowley. Tell that to Jordan Lewis. Tell that to Brad Sewell who walked out onto the arena with a massive grin, got SFA possessions but laid 7 tackles. Tell that to Mitchell who went hard all day despite tactics that are a disgrace to the game. Maniacal? Turn it up.

Hallmark of the win for me was the all-round contribution. Who'd have thought before the game if you'd said Mitchell and Sewell would get about 24 touches between them, we'd be any hope in hell?

Some of the individuals -

Gunston, people said before the game we'd want him to be the first bloke with a shot on goal. Enough said.
Lake, Norm Smith for a defender, please join Gary Ayres and Luke Hodge in our pantheon.
Bailey, 3 recons and a premiership. Still waiting for that part where Sandilands monsters him. Well done - such a great story.
Hale, delivered on the big stage yet again. Wow.
Smith, that kick. Arrived when it counted, well done.
Stratton, Gibson, Guerra, Hodge, just all-round hard at it, super defending.
Puopolo, pit bull terrier and then so completely casual up on stage. What a competitor.
Buddy, wasn't his greatest game but gee I loved the footage of him crashing Crowley. And that moment when he hit the ball at warp speed and laid it off... shivers.
Birchall, settled really early and set the tone for our kicking game - such a difference from last year.

And on and on. That's even not touching on Hodgey, Rioli, 2-flags Simpkin and the rest.

But one of my biggest favourites in all of this?

HEY JORDAN LEWIS: THEY SAID YOU GO MISSING IN BIG GAMES!

I want to give a small shout out to Pav. Shot of him with family in the rooms says it all, sad for a top champ. Hope Buddy was listening when Hodge spoke of the respect for Pav's loyalty.

Howzat for pressure - suck on that media gurus

Matthew Lloyd in the week leading up to the gf:

After PF1 - Ive stuck by the hawks all year and nothing's changed. I think they'll win.
After PF2 - Ive changed my tip. Ive never seen pressure like that. Freo will win.
Half time of GF - I have to go with Hawks. They just looked too balanced across the ground.
3/4 time of GF - I cant see the Hawks winning this. Freo are coming. They look shot
Full time of GF- Congratulations Hawthorn. Best team of 2013. I was on them from the start.

Flip flopping mother flopper.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy We are the 2013 Premiers!!!!! Do the autopsy, express your joy.... all the good stuff

Remove this Banner Ad

Back