We can still make the 8

Remove this Banner Ad

Port won't be flirting with their form before the finals, particularly after getting a lesson from the Dockers. Going in with 2 losses would be last thing Hinkley would want.

Port should do the business over a pathetic Carlton, but it is highly questionable we will make up the 63 points needed.

Low points conceded is favoured in percentage. Therefore, if Carlton concede a big score, and we concede a low score, the required difference becomes less.

I think.

Cmndstab?

Low points conceded is favoured in percentage. Therefore, if Carlton concede a big score, and we concede a low score, the required difference becomes less.

I think.

Cmndstab?
You are talking points.

Bottom line is we need a 10-11 goal differential from the 2 games combined.

Not without a possibility, but I wouldn't be betting on it.

We will win the 2013 grand final.

And we would enjoy the sooking, offended and dummy spits all summer as teams complain that we didnt deserve it.

Oh how wonderful it would be

Unnoticed by Carlton officials, the death star is fully operational. How much would we need to win by if the Qantas plane carrying Carlton was evaporated?

I think.

Cmndstab?

I did a little analysis earlier. Lower scores all round, we needed a bigger margin, higher scores all round, total margin needed was more by 1-2 points.

TBH though the margin was always between 60 and 62 points.

As has been said numerous times by numerous people, I think Port will win comfortably, but I don't think we'll beat WCE in Perth. Just can't see it happening, we just fall over to the Eagles at every opportunity.

We can make the 8 but I think we will fall a few goals short even if we win. Just shows how a bit of innacuracy can cost us games and then a finals berth on percentage. Our team is to depleted with Lynch and Hendo out but West Coast are weak at the moment though so anything could happen this weekend.

We couldn't beat Wet Toast when 13 points up with 2 mins to play at home - but we will win comfortably over there?

If there's one team who we're good at advancing our finals prospects over, it's West Coast... :rolleyes:

Would laugh if Port did everything we wanted them to, ie beat Carlton by 8 goals, then we go all AFC on the situation and lose by 80 points.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At least we will know what we need to do, with the Port game finishing before we take the field.

Sando could be there at 3 qtr time saying "We need to outscore them by 3 goals.. do it lads!"

Could still make it. Kinda hoping we don't, don't deserve to IMO.

Port should win their game, and Geelong should beat the Lions - not so sure about the Collingwood/Norf game - which in turn may hinge on the Richmond/Essendon game. Then there's us vs bogey team #2 the Ducks.

Goes without saying Richmond would be the better team to face in the elimination final over Collingwood - it would be sweet to have Port face the Pies and us Richmond. But can't see it happening.

At least we will know what we need to do, with the Port game finishing before we take the field.

Sando could be there at 3 qtr time saying "We need to outscore them by 3 goals.. do it lads!"

I'm imagining it being like a 2-leg soccer tie.

Boys, we need 3 unanswered goals... But if they kick 1, we need 5 so keep the back door shut!

Firstly we won't beat West Coast - have you seen our forward line?
Secondly, I don't want us to play finals. Wed don't deserve it. Had we won the games we should have then yes, but we didn't. I wouldn't want our players thinking that this half-arsed season was good enough to make finals.
Meh, making finals isn't a huge achievement. You just have to be slightly better than average (not that we have been but that doesn't matter). You don't win the flag from outside the top 4 so until are players are good enough for that then I doubt they'll think "alright I guess 8th is good enough."

Really cannot understand anyone not wanting to make the finals.

There would be absolutely zero negatives associated with our boys heading over to the MCG to take on Collingwood/Richmond, especially since it won't affect our draft position.

The positives would be:

A finals game for our youngsters on a big stage
Extra Cash / Exposure for the club
A chance of an upset (we have done it before).
Lets us watch the boys one more week.

There would be absolutely zero negatives associated with our boys heading over to the MCG to take on Collingwood/Richmond, especially since it won't affect our draft position.

The positives would be:

What about the psychological damage that comes with a 20 goal finals loss?

I'm looking forward to the Power's finals campaign :)

It will in the third round ;)

The positives would be:

Let's me watch a live Crows game on telly :D
EFA

Would laugh if Port did everything we wanted them to, ie beat Carlton by 8 goals, then we go all AFC on the situation and lose by 80 points.

Didn't like to make fun of, but because I just laughed my ass off.
That would absolutely be devastating, Port would be handing you a finals place on a silver platter if that happened.

The Crows players would be stubborn though and wouldn't accept the gift.

Remove this Banner Ad

We can still make the 8

Remove this Banner Ad

Back