Universal Love We 'heart' Geelong... yay.

Remove this Banner Ad

In the comments of a FB post specifically comparing the Hawks & Lions 3-peat teams, some dickhead pipes up with "Geelong were better". He then goes on about them having the best win-loss % of 2007-11. They can finish top every year as far as I'm concerned, as long as they continue to choke in finals.

It's an odd way of looking at things isn't it? Who wins the championship points in F1 motor racing, the driver with pole position or the one who crosses the finish line first? There is only one way to measure greatness, and that is in terms of premierships, not by beating crappy teams in the minor round.

The age left wing lol
The Herald Sun journalism, bigger lol
Yes I imagine Fairfax readers are quick with that opinion. As incorrect as that is, you're entitled to it. Every journo at News and FFX are given specific editorial direction from the minute they walk in the door or start their cadetship, and generally you are a certain leaning journo when you chose either media giant (or The Guardian vs Daily Mail for their Oz online versions)

I've worked in the Media and Journalism realm for the past 15 years on both sides of the media agenda, but hey, what would I know?

Yes I imagine Fairfax readers are quick with that opinion. As incorrect as that is, you're entitled to it. Every journo at News and FFX are given specific editorial direction from the minute they walk in the door or start their cadetship, and generally you are a certain leaning journo when you chose either media giant (or The Guardian vs Daily Mail for their Oz online versions)

I've worked in the Media and Journalism realm for the past 15 years on both sides of the media agenda, but hey, what would I know?
If you think the agenda the age push is actually left wing you probably don't know much. Herald sun isn't hard right, the age is more centre than left, sure it's left of the herald sun but not by that much.

I like how you think I'm a fairfax reader too

If you think the agenda the age push is actually left wing you probably don't know much. Herald sun isn't hard right, the age is more centre than left, sure it's left of the herald sun but not by that much.

I like how you think I'm a fairfax reader too
FFX is Left, it's not centre. The Australian, (News corp owned) is about as close to centre in the media as you can get. You're wrong, it happens in life, deal with it.

But if you want to argue about this on a Footy board, be my guest.

FFX is Left, it's not centre. The Australian, (News corp owned) is about as close to centre in the media as you can get. You're wrong, it happens in life, deal with it.

I don't agree but it's not the end of the world.

Rupert is that you?
Yep it's me. I'm taking some time off of trying to get Trump elected. Don't tell anyone I'm a Hawks supporter or they'll hate us even more. And especially don't tell Mark Robinson, he doesn't need anymore fuel for his beloved Essendope mates and he's too expensive for me to sack.

I agree 100%, the Australian is marginally closer to the center than both Der Sturmer and the Afrikaner Volkstaat Weekly.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think this thread is getting derailed somewhat, its supposed to be about our overwhelming love for Geelong.
:heart::heart::rainbow::rainbow:
Whole heartedly agree. My original post was about agreeing with another post that we're entitled to have a thread about Geelong and if people didn't like it then ignore it. Unfortunately a few Fairfax subscribers jumped on the example I used and you know the rest. The irony is don't read news from either agenda setting empire, I read it from the Newswires such as AP, Reuters, AAP, PA, EPA etc.

I'll gladly swing it back to the hatred of Geelong, love of their underachieving ways and the fact that Chris Scott is as good a coach as that other idiot...what's his name...oh yeah, Brad Scott. Just as ugly, too.

Whole heartedly agree. My original post was about agreeing with another post that we're entitled to have a thread about Geelong and if people didn't like it then ignore it. Unfortunately a few Fairfax subscribers jumped on the example I used and you know the rest. The irony is don't read news from either agenda setting empire, I read it from the Newswires such as AP, Reuters, AAP, PA, EPA etc.

I'll gladly swing it back to the hatred of Geelong, love of their underachieving ways and the fact that Chris Scott is as good a coach as that other idiot...what's his name...oh yeah, Brad Scott. Just as ugly, too.
There you go again with Fairfax subscribers, sure you don't want to derail the thread?

How about that Geelong Addy hey

That's Central Left Ryrie Street journalism at its finest
Dunno never read it to be honest.
Although if it was that paper that had that article a few years ago about the Geelong man who burnt his house down cleaning his lawn mower at the kitchen table while smoking, sounds like it could be a good read.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Universal Love We 'heart' Geelong... yay.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back