Universal Love We 'heart' Geelong... yay.

Remove this Banner Ad

This is like watching two spoiled campaigner brats argue over who's dad earns more money.
As fans, we've both been incredibly fortunate in recent years. Enjoy it.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

The paper that, last year, ran an article along the lines of 'How Geelong is still better than Hawthorn (who just 3-peated)'.

I grew up down there when Gary Snr was playing, and FFS he could do no wrong in their eyes. The running gag was that WW3 could break out and it would still be bumped to page 3 by GA & the Cats.

If you think the agenda the age push is actually left wing you probably don't know much. Herald sun isn't hard right, the age is more centre than left, sure it's left of the herald sun but not by that much.I like how you think I'm a fairfax reader too

People who think that The Age and The Hun are the grass roots publications for the left and right are hilarious. It tells me a lot about someone when they trot that one out.

Back on topic, it's been fun to watch the Geelong melt after they loaded up more than a tuk-tuk driver in bangkok on a Friday night, and came crashing out of the finals anyway..... but you know crap, we were half a shot if we'd gotten through that qualifying final. That tempers things a bit at my end.

Last edited:
Back on topic, it's been fun to watch the Geelong melt after they loaded up more than a tuk-tuk driver in bangkok on a Friday night, and came crashing out of the finals anyway..... but you know crap, we were half a shot if we'd gotten through that qualifying final. That tempers things a bit at my end.
I think Mark McClure got it right when he said our narrow QF loss was shown up as a false economy when Geelong were made look 2nd rate. In saying that we tend to match up a bit better v Sydney than they do. Still I don't think we would've dealt with GWS or the WB should it have come to that.

I humbly submit my take on geelong losing.

I was involved in a head on collision 30 years ago. (I was sitting in the back). During the collision my jaw met with the front seat (was in a lap belt in the middle of the back seat). Most of my teeth shattered and I was offered collingwood membership - but that is another story.

My top teeth were pushed up into the sinuses and the dentist wanted about $12k to fix them. I was 21 and didn't have that kind of money, so I asked him to removed the most badly damaged ones and I'd keep the shattered ones for a while and see how I went. Well, as you can imagine they died over the ensuing cluster fcuk that is 30 years of exposure to the inside of teeth. My jaw's bone (top and bottom) crackled in the accident like glass in a windshield. My body resorbed a lot of that bone. I (3 years ago) eventually has a dentist rip all them out paint me with black and white vertical stripes and release me back into the wild with a set of dentures. The trouble with these dentures was they couldn't fit the weird bone structure of my jaw so they hurt like hell no matter what the dentist did.

Now here's how this is relevant to this case:

About 6 months ago, I was getting concerned with the amount of hatred being peddled on social media for different ethnic and religious groups in the greater community. I asked around if anyone would be interested in physics maths chemistry and cultural tutoring. A number of parents wanted their kids to come. One pair of parents turned out to be dentists. They noticed my teeth situation and said "we are so impressed with what you have done with our kids we'd like to help you.

I asked what they meant. They said "we have a few clinics around the world and we just sold the clinic in port moresby to a german/indian maxillofacial surgeon/dentist who is looking to to post graduate research in a new form of dental implant. We have contacted him about your case. He thinks you'd be a good candidate for his thesis. We will pay his materials expenses and he will do the work for free. All you need to pay is the tickets to moresby (3 trips). "

This is $80,000 in a facial reconstruction in order to fix teeth into my head as the bone isn't there to perform standard implant procedure. All done for free.

Right now I am sitting in Port Moresby PNG, having had 12 cm3 of synthetic bone inserted between my sinuses and my jaw, to replave the bone lost. I have had 1.7 cm3 of bone removed from my lower jaw and placed in my upper jaw/skull to stimulate new bone growth. I have just had my jaw broken, and had 6 screws drilled into my skull to raise the sinuses 12 mm. Normally I'd be sitting here wallowing in my misery. but geelong just lost a preliminary final. I nearly told the surgeon not to worry about the anaesthetic I won't feel a thing.

I think Mark McClure got it right when he said our narrow QF loss was shown up as a false economy when Geelong were made look 2nd rate. In saying that we tend to match up a bit better v Sydney than they do. Still I don't think we would've dealt with GWS or the WB should it have come to that.

What you get out of a team on any given day, is different to what you might get out of it the following week.

Our guys probably thought the Dogs were going to be the more winnable game. Or they thought it's going to be tough to go and face GWS in Sydney.

But every game is a two horse race. Our horse isn't/wasn't a bad one either.

Cheers. I found it because I saw that a few clicks had come through to the site from this thread!
You probably want to complete the picture. Put in the number of free kicks he doesn't get that aren't there that he complains about anyway.

I humbly submit my take on geelong losing.

I was involved in a head on collision 30 years ago. (I was sitting in the back). During the collision my jaw met with the front seat (was in a lap belt in the middle of the back seat). Most of my teeth shattered and I was offered collingwood membership - but that is another story.

My top teeth were pushed up into the sinuses and the dentist wanted about $12k to fix them. I was 21 and didn't have that kind of money, so I asked him to removed the most badly damaged ones and I'd keep the shattered ones for a while and see how I went. Well, as you can imagine they died over the ensuing cluster fcuk that is 30 years of exposure to the inside of teeth. My jaw's bone (top and bottom) crackled in the accident like glass in a windshield. My body resorbed a lot of that bone. I (3 years ago) eventually has a dentist rip all them out paint me with black and white vertical stripes and release me back into the wild with a set of dentures. The trouble with these dentures was they couldn't fit the weird bone structure of my jaw so they hurt like hell no matter what the dentist did.

Now here's how this is relevant to this case:

About 6 months ago, I was getting concerned with the amount of hatred being peddled on social media for different ethnic and religious groups in the greater community. I asked around if anyone would be interested in physics maths chemistry and cultural tutoring. A number of parents wanted their kids to come. One pair of parents turned out to be dentists. They noticed my teeth situation and said "we are so impressed with what you have done with our kids we'd like to help you.

I asked what they meant. They said "we have a few clinics around the world and we just sold the clinic in port moresby to a german/indian maxillofacial surgeon/dentist who is looking to to post graduate research in a new form of dental implant. We have contacted him about your case. He thinks you'd be a good candidate for his thesis. We will pay his materials expenses and he will do the work for free. All you need to pay is the tickets to moresby (3 trips). "

This is $80,000 in a facial reconstruction in order to fix teeth into my head as the bone isn't there to perform standard implant procedure. All done for free.

Right now I am sitting in Port Moresby PNG, having had 12 cm3 of synthetic bone inserted between my sinuses and my jaw, to replave the bone lost. I have had 1.7 cm3 of bone removed from my lower jaw and placed in my upper jaw/skull to stimulate new bone growth. I have just had my jaw broken, and had 6 screws drilled into my skull to raise the sinuses 12 mm. Normally I'd be sitting here wallowing in my misery. but geelong just lost a preliminary final. I nearly told the surgeon not to worry about the anaesthetic I won't feel a thing.
Beautifully constructed!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is what I've come to expect of the cats though, they provide us with a lot of joy, we let them have a bit of an opportunity and then they blow it big time.

We have always managed to blow out the candles on their celebratory cake. Sometimes even before they light it.:cool:

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Universal Love We 'heart' Geelong... yay.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back