WE MUST KEEP ACRES

Remove this Banner Ad

I too would like to keep him, but on 2 years with triggers for a 3rd. I think $350k is fair for him & if his current offer is based on performance over guaranteed $, then I don’t think we can be upset he’s going for a 3 year guaranteed salary.

Hows carroll going.
Is it his 1st or second year in the system ?

Just finished his second season.

Played really nicely first game (against North) and then struggled a bit in his remaining games and didn't finish in the side.

Interested to see what we will be offering - we won't want to give up any young players I don't reckon. Carroll obvs Perth boy though.

Would 2nd round draft pick suffice? I am guilty of not seeing heaps of Acres so am unsure but he is what we need.

Played really nicely first game (against North) and then struggled a bit in his remaining games and didn't finish in the side.

Interested to see what we will be offering - we won't want to give up any young players I don't reckon. Carroll obvs Perth boy though.

Would 2nd round draft pick suffice? I am guilty of not seeing heaps of Acres so am unsure but he is what we need.
Am pretty sure if push came to shove the Dockers would accept a second rounder for Acres.

Motlop and a future 1st, throw in Cerra.

He has generally been quite poor but this year was absoloutly brilliant. Feels like he has finally grown in to his large body and found confidence in his role.

Because of him only having one year of top quality footy at his age we probably can't ask for more then an esrly second rounder, but it really would feel like we are getting ripped off.

You guys have snared a bargain here.

Last edited:
He has generally been quite poor but this year was absoloutly brilliant. Feels like he has finally grown in to his large body and found confidence in his role.

Because of him only having one year of top quality footy at his age we probably can't ask for more then an esrly first rounder, but it really would feel like we are getting ripped off.

You guys have snared a bargain here.

Yes I was pleasantly surprised that we plan to bring him in on a reportedly reasonable salary and not silly money that can be offered in this situation at times.

I can't see us giving up our first round pick so IMO it will be second rounder or we'll find a late first with another trade I reckon (Williams whispers around)

Yes I was pleasantly surprised that we plan to bring him in on a reportedly reasonable salary and not silly money that can be offered in this situation at times.

I can't see us giving up our first round pick so IMO it will be second rounder or we'll find a late first with another trade I reckon (Williams whispers around)

That was my mistake which I'm going to edit, I ment early second rounder!

Surely you guys don't wanna lose Williams, I rate him.

I suggested in another thread your pick 28 (likely to be 30/31 after F/S and North PP) plus your future 3rd with our F4 going back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I suggested in another thread your pick 28 (likely to be 30/31 after F/S and North PP) plus your future 3rd with our F4 going back.

Agree with this.

Re someone's question about Williams. Would be great to keep him but we are shopping him around given he is on a bucketload of cash.

Anyway, not here to turn this into the Blues Trade Board.

Did I just hear on The Duff and Quarters podcast that he has requested a trade to Carlton?

200.gif

Him crying after the hammy makes more sense now. Us pushing him out must break his heart. Good luck Acres even tho I hate the blues.

Remove this Banner Ad

WE MUST KEEP ACRES

Remove this Banner Ad

Back