We should go after John Anthony

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think what you guys don't realise is that John Anthony came to collingwood to take over Jimmy Clement's role in the backline.
He is really a backman that has had a shot in the forward line and we found that he can kick reasonably staright that's why we have persisted with him in the forward line but he will be used as a swing man.

Collingwood will keep Anthony he will not be traded.
KPP's are gold not like midfielders,who are a dime a dozen.

And Anthony would be your best forward at the moment.
Anthony needs the ball delivered lace out at eye level for him to get it.

Not sure if you've been watching, but t present that would mean he wouldn't be getting a kick and would be copping the same rubbish that our other forwards, who are forced to stand and wait under sky high bombs are enduring.

Maybe he would present a little more strongly, but when you have to check your lead and stop as the ball goes over your head it doesn't really matter does it?

Yes and from that very same thread a lot of Tigers supporters rated the Tigers as good as Carlton ...so you see your mob are just as brain dead as the toothless panther moron..most threads on the tigers board are full of shit..ditto with the filth's board.

Think the Tigers may have lifted their aims above that by now

Nah he is required for our depth

JA would be an okay pickup for you probably as a backman but he would not be a significant solution to your structure problems. You will need a lot more than him for that.

If that were the case, Jack wouldn't have been in the top 10 as far as contested marks go in 2009. Jack has an excellent mark either on the lead, or in a contested situation.
Historically speaking, you are correct.
Should we bring back Lance Whitnall?

dalethomas13 said:
Which of Setanta's 2 kicks impressed you most on the weekend?

Or which of Henderson's 10 career goals has impressed you most?

Lets face it, Jack would be hailed as a messiah if he walked through the doors at Visy Park.
Classic deflection. I can't defend my player so I'll attack yours.

Anthony - 6 games, 5 goals, 3.3 marks per game
Hendo - 11 games, 14 goals, 5 marks per game
Setanta - 14 games, 26 goals, 3.4 marks per game.

It is widely considered that Setanta is NOT a good mark......yet he is better than Anthony this year.

He's not the Messiah...........he's just a very average footballer.:eek:

Historically speaking, you are correct.
Should we bring back Lance Whitnall?

Maybe as Lance would be your best forward right now. You said Jack was a poor contested mark, but stats make a fool of that claim.

2010 has & will always be a right off for Jack. He had a shoulder reconstruction, missed more than 75% of the preseason & his place has been taken by Dawes, one of the most promising KPP in the entire AFL.

If you're using the 2010 "logic", Dane Swan is a superior footballer than Chris Judd.:thumbsu:

forget Jack's 2010 season. His 2010 season has been limited by injury and he has been out of form.

In 2009 he was ranked 10th in the goal kicking and was bloody accurate. he is only 22 years old and along with Hendo can be the future KPF's for the blues. O'Halpin is hopeless. Waite is getting old.

I too have been bagging this bloke for years but if we can get him cheap them we will be lucky.

Why can't he get a regular game if he's good enough to be the future for Carlton?

Your description makes him out to be Jack Riewoldt.

Goes to ground too easily.
Which of Setanta's 2 kicks impressed you most on the weekend?

Or which of Henderson's 10 career goals has impressed you most?

Lets face it, Jack would be hailed as a messiah if he walked through the doors at Visy Park.
Who said anything about Setanta being a good key forward?

Yet the hack smashed Reid this year.

Take it to your board and jack off over Anthony on there.

Anthony is a quicker version of Fisher and a one trick pony, but with poorer hands.

Both go to ground.

Henderson has more talent and athletic talent than Dawes and Cloke.

You'd be rapt if you had him.

Dawes holding Henderson off with 1 hand in the last quarter flies in face of that assumption.
Marking a kick to advantage against a bloke playing out of position proves nothing. Dawes is alright and I like the way he goes about it but TG is spot on, Henderson has a hell of a lot of talent, more than either of those two.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Marking a kick to advantage against a bloke playing out of position proves nothing.

Dawes took 4 contested marks on Henderson when Dawes burnt off White. The "kick to advantage" line doesn't hold much credence in this instance. Henderson was all at sea on Dawes.

I also find it hard to deduce that Henderson has more talent than Dawes. Dawes kicked 6 goals on Henderson when he played for BGS against GC & was considered a better player in that same competition.

Dawes took 4 contested marks on Henderson when Dawes burnt off White. The "kick to advantage" line doesn't hold much credence in this instance. Henderson was all at sea on Dawes.

I also find it hard to deduce that Henderson has more talent than Dawes. Dawes kicked 6 goals on Henderson when he played for BGS against GC & was considered a better player in that same competition.
unlike you panther to sound knowledgable instead of the troll we know you for

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back