List Mgmt. Welcome Bailey Smith - officially (and finally) traded to Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

You saying you’d hope we blink first indicates that they also will/would blink… but you hope we blink first?

This is exactly the mindset Power wants other clubs to be in… if he convinces you that he won’t blink, then you will.

Power will blink 100%

Not a chance in the world he flushes #17 down the toilet and walks away with zero for Smith.

Mackie might “blink” and add some extra sauce on top of #17… but I see no way Power doesn’t make a trade.

It’s a game of chicken and there’s a few swervers getting around here now that the deadline is approaching.

This was always going down to the last moments.

They have it all to lose and need to swerve.

We can still get Smith after today if no trade is made.

DO NOT BLINK… Let them do the blinking.
Have you considered power may think he can convince Smith to stay if no trade deal is done.

I don't disagree with you.
But I will say that as a destination club which we have become, I do think we want to maintain a good image to prospective players thinking about requesting a trade here that we get the job done. Having a player we have chased have to enter the ND and risk ending up elsewhere isn't ideal. Obviously I'd rather we didn't but I would hope we would blink first before it come to sending Baz to the ND.
I don’t think it actually puts players off in reality tbh, do you think players have had issues with nominating collingwood due to the Luke ball scenario?? I would say it had no negative effect.

Players base it off the club and best lifestyle and living for their families.

It's a matter of perhaps we should throw the bone like Port did with us last year for Mackie to save face on the Rata trade. Throw 75 at Power so at least he gets to say "Look I got more than 17"
I’d think that’s more likely than us saying 17 or absolutely nothing.

But you can’t do that until the dying moments because if you add more now then Power has seen us weaken and still has a couple of hours to extract more.

The longer it goes, the more both sides weaken.

Honestly very stupid of the bulldogs and a classic case of cutting off your nose to spite your face situation.

17 is a good pick, is it his exact worth?? Probably not, is it an insulting offer?? No it isn’t.

Is 17 in a good draft better than nothing?? Of cause it is.

Why take nothing over a potentially good player??

All emotion, no brain really
Yeah, eventually you need to put a foot down and stop being bullied by other clubs tho. We played hard ball for Sav, and 25 was overs in anyone's eyes. Sending a message might cost dogs p17 but clubs are not gonna try pull this shit again. Also it negatively effects Geelong's image. This is a hard one, sometimes you win sometimes you lose, sucks for the dogs but looks like they've gonna have to take a loss or send a message. Asking for a top 10 pick was a joke, reakon a last minute F2 sees this done. If not it's gonna get real interesting. Both club looks stupid now.
200w (18).gif

Yeah, eventually you need to put a foot down and stop being bullied by other clubs tho. We played hard ball for Sav, and 25 was overs in anyone's eyes. Sending a message might cost dogs p17 but clubs are not gonna try pull this shit again. Also it negatively effects Geelong's image. This is a hard one, sometimes you win sometimes you lose, sucks for the dogs but looks like they've gonna have to take a loss or send a message. Asking for a top 10 pick was a joke, reakon a last minute F2 sees this done. If not it's gonna get real interesting. Both club looks stupid now.
View attachment 2144401
If geelong draft Bailey smith in the ND what message does it send besides “ hey look it worked, let’s try it as well”.

One team has the winning hand, and the other needs to cut their losses

Four Million , three thousand ,two hundred, twenty-one tear-ears fron now and still no Bailey Smith

I have no doubt that the Smith deal will be done by 7-30pm. Unfortunately Power is quickly getting a reputation as the new Dodoro. I am all for getting the best deal possible but really our hands are tied and we have no real choice here. He played hardball on Dunkley but eventually caved, and he is digging in his heels over Macrae and Daniel, 2 players who are clearly on the outer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have no doubt that the Smith deal will be done by 7-30pm. Unfortunately Power is quickly getting a reputation as the new Dodoro. I am all for getting the best deal possible but really our hands are tied and we have no real choice here. He played hardball on Dunkley but eventually caved, and he is digging in his heels over Macrae and Daniel, 2 players who are clearly on the outer.
Mackie did similar last year with Sav.

I don’t understand the issue.

The longer you wait… the more you can get.

Have you considered power may think he can convince Smith to stay if no trade deal is done.

Power may think he can do that, but once the teams leadership group unfollowed Smith on social media and seemingly cut their ties with him, it would be a hard sell to them & the playing group to welcome Smith back into the fold

Power may think he can do that, but once the teams leadership group unfollowed Smith on social media and seemingly cut their ties with him, it would be a hard sell to them & the playing group to welcome Smith back into the fold
Honestly what a disgrace down at bulldogs… did anyone at geelong do that to ablett when he left to GC?? The fans gave him a bloody standing ovation..

Excellent point. That was a bit of a schoolyard thing to do I thought.

It's a pissing contest now between Mackie and Power. Both building a reputation of being hard to deal with.

It also didn't help their negotiating position. If it wasn't so clear he wanted out and the Bulldogs were done with him then maybe there would be room to throw in another sweetener.

The Bulldogs have shown their hand and giving them anything more than 17 would be purely out of pity. It's not our fault it all went to shit there - now they want to act like that's actually not the case and he's worth more. That boat has sailed my friend.

Only one of them is stonewalling and it’s not Mackie

Ffs
I think that's a biased way to view it. I don't think the "ffs" is necessary. Most dogs supporters would view Mackie as being difficult in this circumstance for not compromising. This dogs supporter that has ventured onto our board has shown the ability to objectively view their position, I like to do the same. Both Mackie and Power are building a reputation of being difficult.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Welcome Bailey Smith - officially (and finally) traded to Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Back