List Mgmt. Welcome Harley Reid (Pick 1, 2023 National Draft)

Remove this Banner Ad

What's up with the Harley booing? Happened against a few teams now and it's pretty weird.

JHF copped it after moving teams the year after he was drafted. You can kind of get the logic. Gaff cops it after punching some kids teeth in. Makes some sense.

What's HR done though? 19yo kid in his first season of footy 🤷‍♂️

New to Australia? We call it tall poppy syndrome.

Love this kid. Hope he sticks around and ends up a club great.

He’s an AFL version of a cheat code the way he draws the oppo in to give his teammate as much time and space as possible knowing he can beat any player that comes at him, then offloads.

He bleeds for his teammates too which is refreshing to see.
Thats what I find funny about the reaction from some Eagles fans that "he needs to knock off the off-ball stuff".

He draws the attention of nearly every oppo player on the ground as they are looking to try and bury him when they get the opportunity. That is a distraction from what they are meant to be doing. And I foresee (when we get competent mids around him with line breaking speed) that there will be numerous plays where Reid draws oppos players and releases a teammate which ends with him wrestling on the ground with 1 or 2 of them as we get an inside 50 and shot at goal. Because the oppo feel as though "they had to make a point".

The more I watch him, the more I'm convinced he'll stay. He's not bothered by the attention in a two-team town, he's absolutely lapping up being the 19-year-old mayor of Perth and rebuilding a team in his own image. If he goes a week without a backpage headline in The West, I reckon he'll actually call the editor and threaten to kick his arse.
All members must buy at least 2 Harley Reid T shirts. That would equate to 200,000 shirts
He gets a cut of all the gear sold that has his image.
The money raised wouldn't count in the salary cap. Good way to rort the system and help keep him here.
If he stays at the eagles the money raised would be a small investment compared the joy he brings to the club.
Imagine what damage he could do to the Dockers over the next 20 to 30 Western Derbies.
Lets get the ball rolling, I've ordered my 2, just imagine going to a home derby and 50,000 eagles members rock up wearing Harley Reid T shirts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sheezel? Good player but are you putting him in the same grouping as Harley and N Daicos?
Probably because he's actually watched Sheezel play.
Dude is a legit gun, footy IQ off the charts, sublime skills and elite workrate.

He's not a flashy player but he does everything right. North had 16 scoring shots on the weekend Sheezel had 14 score involvements, he's carrying that team more than any other player.

Dude is a legit gun, footy IQ off the charts, sublime skills and elite workrate.

He's not a flashy player but he does everything right. North had 16 scoring shots on the weekend Sheezel had 14 score involvements, he's carrying that team more than any other player.
made a melty call in another thread that Sheezel will win a Brownlow before Ginbey has a 30 touch game and Hewett plays 50 matches. Kinda sticking by it tbh

Absolute superstar

Sounds appetising until you say it half pissed. Nobody wants a hairy cheezel

What's up with the Harley booing?

Jealousy and envy are an incurable disease.

Every other group of supporters want him on their list …… not ours.

Pretty awesome when a young kid, with less than 20 games to his name is mentally *ing with the mindset of opposing players and opposition supporters and living there rent free.

Besides The Violet Crumbles always need something to bitch about, it’s part of their insecure, inferior, masochist, messed up collective psych.

Sucks to be them…..but from my perspective, it’s both amusing and entertaining to watch how it plays out and festers within them.

Harley's fine, as others have said if he's attracting that much attention from the oppo, he's doing something right. He'll just need to learn his way through that stage like all good mids. Meanwhile he's continually developing his skills and craft, imagine him next season after another preseason.

My only knock on him is too much calling on the umpire and challenging the umpire, focus more on the game. But admittedly much of the umpire calling is due to the attention he receives, a lot of it behind play sniping - just has to learn how to deal with it.

Hope we can pick up another solid midfielder this draft/trade, and Hewett is right to go for first game 2025?

Zero chance Sheezel would've stayed, let alone come over to begin with.

Imagine being such a weak campaigner that you'd rather stay at home and play for a loser club on the verge of folding than leave the state for 10-15 years.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Welcome Harley Reid (Pick 1, 2023 National Draft)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back