List Mgmt. Welcome Harley Reid (Pick 1, 2023 National Draft)

Remove this Banner Ad

Made AFL look effortless today, does not panic at all. Look forward to watching him this year. Cant wait for him Ginbey and Hewett to line up together.
I wish Gibney takes a leaf out of Reid's book on how to be composed with the ball.
One thing holding Gibney back is his composer with the ball. Just want to see Gibney this year improve on his decision making and take a little more time.

I wish Gibney takes a leaf out of Reid's book on how to be composed with the ball.
One thing holding Gibney back is his composer with the ball. Just want to see Gibney this year improve on his decision making and take a little more time.
Never seen Rebeca Gibney play, is she an inside mid or small forward type? 😉

Hope he's more careful with his tackling tho.
Really strong tackler who is a little reckless like Yeoy at times. A few times last week and again this week he was lucky oppo players head didn't slam into the ground.

That said he is going to be a bloody good player. Holds onto the ball so nicely in congestion and draws defenders to him, then shoots off a handball to open up a team mate in space. Something that our other young guys Ginbey and Chess could really learn off.

Can not wait to watch him this year.

I honestly don't know how to word this in a way that doesn't seem like I'm trolling so I can only preface it with the fact that I'm not and hope people can believe that (yes I can see how this looks even more suspicious).

Anyway, to be clear I'm not saying Reid played a soft game because he didnt. He got stuck in, he gave as good as he got etc.

However, there were a few moments particularly with footy in the air where it was his turn to go and he maybe didn't? Didn't drop into the hole or whatever.

Anyway my question is - is it conceivable that this is a coaching directive to him not to do this so as to avoid a bad injury or concussion like given his importance? Maybe I missed some instances where he did do this but I just noticed a couple the other way. Anyway I love the lad and hope he is a success (and doesn't return to Victoria).

images-7.jpg

Really strong tackler who is a little reckless like Yeoy at times. A few times last week and again this week he was lucky oppo players head didn't slam into the ground.

That said he is going to be a bloody good player. Holds onto the ball so nicely in congestion and draws defenders to him, then shoots off a handball to open up a team mate in space. Something that our other young guys Ginbey and Chess could really learn off.

Can not wait to watch him this year.
He eats up the space in front of him so quickly, and uses the ball very well, so I'd like to see a team directive where if he's free and running past they just give him the ball. Like Collingwood seems to do with Nick Daicos.

I honestly don't know how to word this in a way that doesn't seem like I'm trolling so I can only preface it with the fact that I'm not and hope people can believe that (yes I can see how this looks even more suspicious).

Anyway, to be clear I'm not saying Reid played a soft game because he didnt. He got stuck in, he gave as good as he got etc.

However, there were a few moments particularly with footy in the air where it was his turn to go and he maybe didn't? Didn't drop into the hole or whatever.

Anyway my question is - is it conceivable that this is a coaching directive to him not to do this so as to avoid a bad injury or concussion like given his importance? Maybe I missed some instances where he did do this but I just noticed a couple the other way. Anyway I love the lad and hope he is a success (and doesn't return to Victoria).

Think this is a pretty fair observation, don't see it as an overly negative thing either

Was noted in the gameday thread there were a couple of moments with the ball on the deck that it looked like he waited for a more experienced teammate to pick it up rather go himself

Whether it be just because it was a praccy game or more likely a coaching directive I don't think it will last once he realises he's going to be THE guy in this team very quickly.

"CrowToon" eh?

Any relation?

Ralph Wiggum Danger GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's also incumbent on his teammates to have his back as well...within reason of course, I don't need Yeo getting weeks for knocking a blokes block off in a skirmish.

I'm gonna be so pissed if I ever see footage of the kid having to fight guys off on his own.
I agree, i want to see us fly the flag more. God knows we've been lacking in that for a long time but it's good to see Harley knows what's to come and is up for it. A diamond only grows under pressure.

I agree, i want to see us fly the flag more. God knows we've been lacking in that for a long time but it's good to see Harley knows what's to come and is up for it. A diamond only grows under pressure.
Hopefully we don't have to wait a billion years for a diamond to form.

Side got too used to NN ragdolling and physically intimidating 18 oppos at once and have gone soft.

It's a rule as old as footy, if some campaigner has a crack at your young team mates, you go fly the flag straight away, no hesitation.

You don't need an enforcer if all players got each others' back.
3 hyenas can smash a lion.
Just go in hard, no matter size. That Hewett/DeGoey thing was VERY piss poor...no remonstration, even after seeing the replay at the ground. Seemed like the players were scared of DeGoey*, (right or wrong, that's the perception), and laid down their arms...weak as.
*he wasn't even in the goalsquare, and pranced around like a king.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Welcome Harley Reid (Pick 1, 2023 National Draft)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back