List Mgmt. Welcome Harvey Johnston (Pick 49, 2023 National Draft)

Remove this Banner Ad

Thought he grew into it quite well today. Once he adjusts to the pace we'll have a real player here.

Looked composed and willing to hold onto the ball to look for the right, not the first, option. Hopefully he gets a full game next weekend.

Has showed a lot in the few WAFL games I’ve seen this year. Just needs to get stronger and used to the pace and will be a good AFL player. He and Long are an interesting proposition. We’ve got some good youth on the outside/flanks, when you add in Maric, Ginbey and Dewar (Brockman have to wait and see). Just need time and proper development around them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From Twitter. The kid's a bundle of enthusiasm. If he thinks feeling the energy of 38k fans was something, just wait until the team's up and about again and there's 55k+ rockin the joint, he'll probably combust.

How clean was that dap at the end??

Arnold Schwarzenegger Handshake GIF

Highly athletic, and tries to move the ball forwards as often and as quickly as possible. Has good but not great kicking skills but is very good at weighting his kicks. Has some top tier AFL attributes.

Negatives and why he wasn't on my draft board is that he is very outside and whilst moving the ball forwards as quickly as possible isn't a bad thing it was at a level where I questioned whether or not he was up for the physical side of the game.

Doesn't look like a guy who has the Rotham like instincts to go sideways with each kick.

Very pleasing to see that you are all embracing my boy.

Kids got some poise and footy smarts that come through in the heat of the battle.

Think he's gonna make it as a player - has decent swerveability

When he got the sponsor that he has in his first year, his odds of making it skyrocketed.

My boy is going to be a one Club 200 game Premiership Player.

Kid is so Club focused ….. love his buy in.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Welcome Harvey Johnston (Pick 49, 2023 National Draft)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back