List Mgmt. Welcome Harvey Johnston (Pick 49, 2023 National Draft)

Remove this Banner Ad

Does have a weird handball action at times, uses the base of the palm rather than a fist. Love the composure he has though and he'll be side stepping people in no time, has good feet like Cole sometimes has under heavy pressure.

Alesana delivers again.

Watch 0:41. Watch both passages from 1:11. Watch the dance in front of goal, albeit a phenomenal defensive play to stay with him and stick the tackle.

Kid has some sauce, and unlocks the game by hand better than anyone on our list bar Yeo it would appear.

Lock him into the side for 2024 and the first month of 2025 with no penalty for taking it on whenever he likes.

Gotta say we have got some real value in the past 3 drafts with late picks.

2021: Jack Williams (Pick 57)
2022: Noah Long (Pick 58)
2023: Harvey Johnston (Pick 49)

As a draft watcher, I was really really happy with all 3 selections as knew we'd got some real value.
I'm quietly confident with the depth in this draft we will again this year with a later pick.

He just seems like such a nice bloke, too. Kind of guy you’d like playing with. Wouldn’t surprise to see him in a leadership role a bit earlier than what you might expect.

Really enjoying his composure this year with ball in hand. Consistency will come in time but certainly the last couple of weeks he looks like he feels like he belongs at the level a bit more now.

It bodes really well for the preseason ahead. If we can get him on the Hough weight program I think he could genuinely play more inside/outside. Turns 19 on Sunday- here’s hoping we can get another win for him.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Welcome Harvey Johnston (Pick 49, 2023 National Draft)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back