List Mgmt. Welcome Liam Baker

Remove this Banner Ad

Sarcastic Clap GIF by Debby Ryan

As much as I am dissapointed with the club, splitting 3 for Baker and Owies, it isn't the player themselves fault. Liam is a fierce competitor, who brings some much needed mongrel into our side. Now that it is official, I am going to back him in and support him as all Eagle fans should.

All the best!
Agreed, give the bloke a go.

This guy will likely become whipping boy number one. Refused to nominate us and meant we got reamed and overpayed for him. Wait for him to be another Liam Duggan, tries hard but a ball butcher turn over merchant.

This guy will likely become whipping boy number one. Refused to nominate us and meant we got reamed and overpayed for him. Wait for him to be another Liam Duggan, tries hard but a ball butcher turn over merchant.
He’s basically Duggan - cleaner by hand probably. Imagine if we made another team trade pick 3 to get Duggan

He did nominate us.

Very narrow minded to blame Baker for us doing this trade.

We have a list management team who have spent 24 months building up to this, working on how we will approach this draft. To think he had more than 2% part in what was paid for him, is ridiculous.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He nominated us the second McQualter got named coach. Then told Justin Longmuir on Friday that he wasn't signing off on a move to Freo. The stories from the journos are coming out on Twitter now that the deal's gone through.

I'm not gonna despise the guy, but the sword of damocles is definitely gonna be hanging over this bloke from now until the day he retires, with this fan base.

Undoubtedly first 22 at any side in the competition. Fine.

But we overpaid for a role player. Richmond made out like bandits, getting a top pick for an uncontracted player who was never going to be a big part of their next flag push. I don't rate Liam Baker that highly, more of a cherry on top player rather than the grunt we need going forward as we rebuild.

Prove me wrong, please.

As a team now fully in the Premiership window I'm just going to trust Don knows what he's doing. Welcome Liam, let's see how you handle the expectation of being the single costliest player to ever be traded into a club. It'll take us some time to get over the trauma of this past week, but winning every game for the next 5 years will go a long way toward getting the fans onboard.

Baker (with Owies and Graham) add some needed experience (and age demographic) to our side. They all look to be zippy damaging players.
We genuinely needed some gap-fillas, some plug+play types in the mid 20's age group, to carry us over.
My main concern is we needed another quality midfielder and HBF, and also what happens with Long and Dewar?
Presume the new coach and game plan is connected to all this, hope they get it right?
Fwiw, Harley is excited to have Baker around him.

Last edited:
There is a Latin phrase that amounts to "cheat me on the price but not on the goods."

You will never feel cheated by Liam Baker. He is a terrific player.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Welcome Liam Baker

Remove this Banner Ad

Back