List Mgmt. Welcome Liam Baker

Remove this Banner Ad

Geez guys steady ...Liam has embraced the club , passionate Eagles fan growing up .

Listened to his interview with trade Radio, he is all in for WC .

Welcome , should have drafted Liam as a rookie in his draft year , missed out totally that year drafted the following season by Richmond.

We've now got the best player currently playing AFL, from Lake Grace !
Like we should have drafted Kelly as a rookie, we cannot seem.to identity talent when it's in our backyard

Sad to see Bakes go, contrary to popular belief he isn’t just a little fella who tries hard. He is so clean with both hand and foot and always one touch. Super courageous and never skirts a contest.
As for some of your fans with talk of booing him and Owies… pathetic behaviour and I really hope it’s a small minority of your fan base as that is just terrible.
Anyway good luck to bakes, forever a 2 time premiership tiger.
Not all of us have lost their minds. Vice captain and 2 time Premiership player 5 straight top 6 finishes in the Richmond best and fairest. Happy to have him.

I think people should seperate baker from his draft price.
If he wasn't pick 14 would we have issues. He is a reasonable player and with a list full of spuds he is a improvement.
If you don't like the trade that is your problem but please don't play the man.
And for those who think booing Baker and Owies is a bright thing to do then feel free to cancel your membership and delete your account.
The same goes to those who have abused poor wce_phil. At least he has been candid and tried to explain things
Posters are angry, and who can blame them.

Many believe Baker’s desire to see his previous club well compensated, contributed to our club making that ridiculous trade.

I don’t think anyone will be booing Liam come round 1 2025.

As for Phil “well if Sydney had won the grand final, posters would feel differently” and “we have done some dumb shit, but none of that is anything to do with me”. It’s all very convenient isn’t it…

I'm done with reading about draft picks.

Exact type of player we are missing. Experienced, hard at it, improves our age profile (you can't just stack your squad with teenagers), works hard for the team. It's not just what he brings as a player individually, but what it means for the team's on-field culture. Welcome Liam, there's work to do.

No, we got a good player but paid a price that could genuinely set the rebuild back in the order of half a decade. There’s no sugar coating it. Awful deal, bed status = shat.

Just can’t be bothered with a decade of melts about every single draft prospect we passed up, given we can’t draft all of them even if we had 3, or the melts we’ve seen with Sheezel who was never weaning himself off mum’s tit to leave the state. And also don’t want to see people bagging Baker like he did the deal himself.
The Sheezel fantasy is incredibly frustrating to me. We never even had a pick in front of Norf anyway. We can talk about Wardlaw, sure. But I don't see how Norf were ever going to trade out the first pick AND JHF without being sure of getting who they wanted.

Anyway, about Baker... Yes we overpaid but I can see this guy quickly becoming my favourite Eagle. We need his unassuming tough edge, never say die attitude and clean handling. I'll just have to keep telling myself that that pick 14 would have been burnt like half the picks in that range are. Was Duggan our last semi-successful pick in the 10-15 range? Please come on Hewett 🙏

The Sheezel fantasy is incredibly frustrating to me. We never even had a pick in front of Norf anyway. We can talk about Wardlaw, sure. But I don't see how Norf were ever going to trade out the first pick AND JHF without being sure of getting who they wanted.

Anyway, about Baker... Yes we overpaid but I can see this guy quickly becoming my favourite Eagle. We need his unassuming tough edge, never say die attitude and clean handling. I'll just have to keep telling myself that that pick 14 would have been burnt like half the picks in that range are. Was Duggan our last semi-successful pick in the 10-15 range? Please come on Hewett 🙏
Nobody rly cares about pick 14, it's the pick 3 we've given up for it.

If that was a future tiggers captain interview then they must have been totally bereft of any other candidates.

Most of this years new draftees will be more compelling and convincing (even those that really didn’t want to be drafted interstate).

Baker is not any sort of talker.

But when you want a player to stand his ground and win the hardest ball in footy with a pack of 200cm players approaching at speed from behind, talk means nothing, courage means everything. Baker won't get smashed and destroyed in that situation. He will get smashed and get up and play on like nothing ever happened. I have never seen a player like it.

It will not take Eagles fans long to warm to him once you see him wearing your jumper. He is a very competent footballer as well.

He is wearing our kit now and that's all the matters in my mind. 150% behind him.

Few Richmond supporters in here and just want to say thanks for being respectful.

I think we have a good player and all that matters now is he displays the effort and courage that we know he is capable of.

Looking forward to round 1.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry for the intrusion, but it’s pretty saddening to see the reactions on here given Baker didn’t trade for himself. He simply wanted to return home to WA - it’s not his fault the Eagles cocked up the Barrass deal.

Baker is one of the cleanest players below his knees in the comp … never fumbles. He is also an outstanding mark for his size. He kicks both feet and is more courageous and desperate than 95% of your current playing list.

He’s more than just a hard trier and he’s a much better player than Liam Duggan]. In fact he’s in your best half dozen players. Easily.

The supporter base will love him if given the chance. Despite his poor speaking skills most Tiger supporters wanted him to replace Nank as captain in 2025 and remain at the club so highly was he rated.

There’s a reason every single Tiger supporter loves Bakes. He’s not a superstar but he will be the absolute LEAST of your problems when trying to climb the ladder. He won’t disappoint.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

The more I see and read about him the more impressed I am. Good character to lead and develop the kids.

Yep this. Our form fluctuated as some players seemed to pick and choose. My Richmond mate says Graham and Baker will help drive standards.

Regardless of their level of talent, if they can help the team be more competitive then that should translate to more wins. Plus teach the younger ones the path to success.

We’ve currently got a max of six premiership players (Gov, Yeo, Cole, Ryan, Cripps - and Sheed/injury?) We’ve just added two players with two each.

Last edited:
Man hope things change in the next few days. Usually we might trade in a player we want and then I’ll get around them but at the moment it just feels like Liam has to me over come round one. It’s such sour feeling

Sorry for the intrusion, but it’s pretty saddening to see the reactions on here given Baker didn’t trade for himself. He simply wanted to return home to WA - it’s not his fault the Eagles cocked up the Barrass deal.
Except the rat leaving the sinking ship did exactly that.
Said he wanted adequate compensation.
Pick 23. That was it.
We are in a rebuild.
We don't want your dregs, he can go down with the Titanic.
But no, because we have your ****ing discarded trash pile in a coach and list manager, we have to pay pick 3 so Baker can benefit you more than us in this trade.
Looking to change jobs, but need my new employer to pay my old one 100k signing bonus because I'm leaving.
Actually ****ing bat shit insane.

It's funny, loved watching the bloke and rate him (missus is a Tigers flog so have sat through many games)...

And yet now he's an Eagle I'm off him after what he and his manager cost the club with his bullshit demands.

I won't booo him, I'm not a simpleton, but I'm hardly going to gush over his acquisition now. The whole thing leaves a bad taste in my mouth, far from exciting.

He's given plenty to the Tigers, it's little wonder they love him after 3 flags, but all I can say is he better still be bringing that output for his final 5 yrs at West Coast after what we paid.

Maybe he was understating it, but it worried me when he said he was "a bit of a West Coast supporter" growing up and that he "doesn't hate" the Dockers.
Confused Curb Your Enthusiasm GIF

Absolute ****ing monster. Give him life without parole.
If doing that with his buddy buddy coach and list manager is what's caused this mess, it's really annoying how hard we caved.
I wish he'd just stayed, or been comfortable that we didn't have good enough draft picks.
But no, pick 3 to honour some agreement we made without having the pick to honor it.
Yay 🥳

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Welcome Liam Baker

Remove this Banner Ad

Back