List Mgmt. Welcome Ryan Maric (Pick 1, 2023 MSD)

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes yes, "Crazy Subtle Angles" Houlihan was a board meme for years (er...still?)...but was he actually any good
He used to get a fair bit of the ball and loved to run and carry when the rest of the team was playing stagnant shit footy. But he’d turn it over constantly.

Classy player, we underutilize him.

Meanwhile Kelly jogs around burning Harley and thinking he's the greatest kick the AFL has ever seen.

Needs to be more Maric delivering inside 50's.

Listening to Simmo speak around the TK trade in an interview I would say he was pretty circumspect. I think he respects Tim but with the other events that played out around it - TK certainly didn't get to play the roles I imagine either party envisaged when he came over - they may well have chosen to approach things differently if the club had a crystal ball.

Hopefully a new coach, new system and another pre-season of working together will see a whole new look to our ball movement and delivery to our forwards.

Listening to Simmo speak around the TK trade in an interview I would say he was pretty circumspect. I think he respects Tim but with the other events that played out around it - TK certainly didn't get to play the roles I imagine either party envisaged when he came over - they may well have chosen to approach things differently if the club had a crystal ball.

Hopefully a new coach, new system and another pre-season of working together will see a whole new look to our ball movement and delivery to our forwards.
If TK puts on another season like this, I’d let him walk. As a 30 year he brings no leadership what so ever and was very one of the biggest suspects on tge pick and choose when to play good

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't see why he shouldn't take the fullback kickings tbh.

Name a better option.

McGovern is ok, Duggan is straight up awful. Leaves Hunt to do his little horse gallop then kick long to the right like Hurn. There's really nobody creative.

#jettadardzwhatsthepoint 💔

I don't see why he shouldn't take the fullback kickings tbh.

Name a better option.

McGovern is ok, Duggan is straight up awful. Leaves Hunt to do his little horse gallop then kick long to the right like Hurn. There's really nobody creative.

#jettadardzwhatsthepoint 💔
Playing the defensive wing role there is no reason why he can't really.
Can even link up occasionally to go from kicking out to kicking in.

Has to be developed into a 3rd tall defensive option in my opinion. All good sides have elite kicks and runners from half back, something we really don't have either of. If he can work hard on his body over summer, put on some size, his kicking will be a real weapon. Next to Gov and HEdwards down back, with Hough, Ginbey, Chesser and Duggan - Cole, Bazzo and Hunt for depth + any draftees, I feel as though we have the nucleus of a good backline that all provide different strengths.

Has to be developed into a 3rd tall defensive option in my opinion. All good sides have elite kicks and runners from half back, something we really don't have either of. If he can work hard on his body over summer, put on some size, his kicking will be a real weapon. Next to Gov and HEdwards down back, with Hough, Ginbey, Chesser and Duggan - Cole, Bazzo and Hunt for depth + any draftees, I feel as though we have the nucleus of a good backline that all provide different strengths.
Birchall

Yep certainly in the Birchall mode. With TB and Battle making their way to Hawthorn next year, Sicily will play this role. Maric one on one at the moment probably isn't as strong as he need's to be defensively, so a lot of work needs to be done in pre season to get to this standard. But he can impact with ball in hand from the back half and be swung forward to hit the scoreboard if need be - as Sicily has shown he can do.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Welcome Ryan Maric (Pick 1, 2023 MSD)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back