News Welcome Shaun Hampson - Video Interview on the RFC Website 30/10/2013

Remove this Banner Ad

What I like is the club is doing due diligence.
- Lycett
- Longer
- Hampson
- Ryder
- Another I can't remember

See which one offers the best outcome for the club and chase that.

This.

Hopefully we're just keeping the field open and seeing who we can get the best deal on.

Carlton list manager on trade radio just indicated a second round pick for Hampson would be fair. I think in this draft that's a fair deal. Play Ivan and Hampson 50 50 forward ruck and Tyrone as a permanent key forward. Bring Ivan into the ruck when we need a boost or save him for the last quarter and sub Hampson and Ty can give the chop out. Think that's a good set up for a good price.

Carlton list manager on trade radio just indicated a second round pick for Hampson would be fair. I think in this draft that's a fair deal. Play Ivan and Hampson 50 50 forward ruck and Tyrone as a permanent key forward. Bring Ivan into the ruck when we need a boost or save him for the last quarter and sub Hampson and Ty can give the chop out. Think that's a good set up for a good price.

Even if Carlton gave us a 2nd rounder just to take him off their hands I'd say no. He's terrible.

Would much rather Longer.

A) Alot younger
B) Would have to pay him much less
C) Potential to be a much much better player. I say potential because you cant say much else for a guy who has only played 9 games.

Only thing is that we would have to give up much more for Longer than we would Hampson. And is Longer capable of being a dangerous forward?

I am not opposed to gettig Hampson though.

Still remember all Essendon supporters saying Hoiuli was a dud, all the Carlton supporters saying Grigg was a dud, all the Adelaide supporters saying Ivan is no good and all the Port supporters saying that Chaplin is finished and no good.

I'm pretty pleased with how all those guys are going at the club

Could be a solid win for us.

Our last Carlton trade was Collins for Grigg and we didn't like that one at the time.

Blair has crunched the numbers again, now it's a matter of how much value he can provide (Grigg isn't a star but he's solid).

Yeah hate too burst your bubble but Longer is going to the Hawkies

Could be a solid win for us.

Our last Carlton trade was Collins for Grigg and we didn't like that one at the time.

Blair has crunched the numbers again, now it's a matter of how much value he can provide (Grigg isn't a star but he's solid).

If he is like Grigg he can bloody well stay at Carlton.

Even if Carlton gave us a 2nd rounder just to take him off their hands I'd say no. He's terrible.
He really is. He is known for stuffing first goal bets too. Either gets it and then disappears for the day or takes a mark 11m out and sprays it.

That said, he would be a replacement for Nahas. Apparently packs some serious heat.

Just no. Cannot mark, kick, ruck or run well. His manager should be all over GWS

Carlton list manager bloke just on: "He is contracted. He has received a fair bit of interest. Richmond has shown the most interest. We would want a draft pick - probably second round".

I wouldn't be dead against it for a 2nd round pick. Especially if that pick turns out to be a bust while Hampson improves out of sight next season. Tigers go top 4. Carlton miss the 8. Mick's book of excuses comes out. Carlton's knives come out. That would be ideal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Longer will cost us our first pick which I think is fair and a good long term investment. Pick 11 for Adams and our second rounder for Hampson and we have a potential top 4 team. Bailey and Hale showed that you don't need a Sandilands and a Clarke to win a flag. Hampson has improved every year. Proved against us in round one that when fit he can be very versatile. He was the reason the Blues were still in the game. Fast leading big man. Can clunk them. Set shots iffy from distance but can clunk big contested marks. We need that. If he could kick as well as Ivy and he had had a good run with injury in 2013 he would be a first round pick. As it is he could be a very handy role player in a successful side. Gives us great team structure. I know people are hanging out for McBean but he is a third tall. More dangerous on the lead and off the ground than in the air and will be half a decade before he can go into the ruck on equal footing - if ever. Obviously a good replacement for Edwards/McGuane.

He was an "athlete" with great potential when he was drafted. A few years in the system and the upside is tremendous blah blah blah. Only problem is he still doesn't know how to play the game.

He knows how to play the game.

He does well in the ruck and is average as a kpf.
He'd be a handy pick up for you guys as it'd enable you to leave Vickery forward and prevent him getting battered in the ruck as well as allowing you to rest Maric, that said, it just depends on what the Tigers would have to give up.

If we do get hampson it would be ruck only IMO. Keep developing Tyrone forward so we could possibly have a forward line of jack, McBean, and Tyrone with smalls at there feet. Even though its 3 talls, there all mobile and extremely athletic. Will worry a lot of sides IMO.

I believe they want the benny gale tactic of ruck goes back to block space and when we are on top they plonk themselves in the middle of the ground to force the defenders to go wide and slow......

Anyway, hampson would be plan D if A B and C fail first

He'd be a handy pick up for you guys as it'd enable you to leave Vickery forward and prevent him getting battered in the ruck as well as allowing you to rest Maric, that said, it just depends on what the Tigers would have to give up.

I just cannot see how our pitch would appeal:

"We have Ty as ruck/forward and Ivan is obviously our #1. Liam McBean is very exciting and we want to play him. But we need a backup if everything goes to shit. You're obviously injury-prone and a pretty ordinary player, but your girlfriend is hot. Interested?"

Spot on. Not sure I would want to give up a 2nd rounder unless we could trade back in.
If we could get a 2nd rounder for Batch, Astbury or similar then I would be all for it.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Welcome Shaun Hampson - Video Interview on the RFC Website 30/10/2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Back