News Welcome Shaun Hampson - Video Interview on the RFC Website 30/10/2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Spot on. Not sure I would want to give up a 2nd rounder unless we could trade back in.
If we could get a 2nd rounder for Batch, Astbury or similar then I would be all for it.

It also might be a three way deal with the blues, tigers and GWS. All get something..they give up some experienced players to get either boyd or patton..we give enough to get Adams and maybe hampson falls in there some where and gws get about 3 or 4 mature age players with still 5-8 years in them and a couple of picks.

Who knows..

It also might be a three way deal with the blues, tigers and GWS. All get something..they give up some experienced players to get either boyd or patton..we give enough to get Adams and maybe hampson falls in there some where and gws get about 3 or 4 mature age players with still 5-8 years in them and a couple of picks.

Who knows..
Certainly be better if we somehow involve a 3rd club in the Adams deal,Might even be able to keep pick 11.

Carlton want second rounder for him, he's a VFL player FFS, he's not getting a game at Carlton because he's not up to the grade, not because Kreuzer and Warnock are there.

List clogger, he's total rubbish.

Big guy, but soft as butter. Can't take a mark or kick a goal.

Last bloke we got from them was Grigg and he's now flatlining and being found out to be an average player.

Tigers have done well out of getting cheap "moneyball" pick ups like Maric, Grigg, Houli but is there any chance they may start trading for some genuine talent???

He does well in the ruck and is average as a kpf.
He'd be a handy pick up for you guys as it'd enable you to leave Vickery forward and prevent him getting battered in the ruck as well as allowing you to rest Maric, that said, it just depends on what the Tigers would have to give up.

pick 85

If we are going to bring in a ruckman, he needs to be better than, or has the potential to be better than our 2nd ruckman, which is Stephenson. Hampson is no better than Big O. May as well keep Big O for cheap.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seeing as we are not in a position to get a Mumford or a McEvoy, Jon Giles wouldn't be the worst pick up we have ever had.
Of course a youngster like Longer would be preferable.

If we are going to bring in a ruckman, he needs to be better than, or has the potential to be better than our 2nd ruckman, which is Stephenson. Hampson is no better than Big O. May as well keep Big O for cheap.
But we get Megal Gale as well :p
Gale + Hampson > Big O

I was keen on someone like Longer, because over the next few years we could gradually transition him in and Ivan out and we've got both backup and our next generation ruckman in one.

Hampson's price (trade and salary) would be too high for a backup, and honestly, I'm not sure why Hampson would be interested in going from 3rd choice ruckman at Carlton to 3rd choice ruckman at Richmond...he'd either want more money or more opportunity, and I see no reason for us to offer him either.

Seeing as we are not in a position to get a Mumford or a McEvoy, Jon Giles wouldn't be the worst pick up we have ever had.
Of course a youngster like Longer would be preferable.
I'm sure we could get a McEvoy or a Mumford, but that would be pretty useless if TV, Maric, next ruck and McBean can't play in the same side.
Giles would be great backup, but surely he wouldn't want to be.
Young emerging or cheap competing ruck is the go.

I was keen on someone like Longer, because over the next few years we could gradually transition him in and Ivan out and we've got both backup and our next generation ruckman in one.

Hampson's price (trade and salary) would be too high for a backup, and honestly, I'm not sure why Hampson would be interested in going from 3rd choice ruckman at Carlton to 3rd choice ruckman at Richmond...he'd either want more money or more opportunity, and I see no reason for us to offer him either.
Absofreakinglutely. Well said

When was the last time Carlton developed a player? Could be handy but duno...probably not. Will take for free.

I'm not actually sure what I think about going after Hampson, but I reckon there's 4 things worth considering...

1. He's never actually has a sustained run at it in the Ruck at the Blues. Maybe, given a good run at it - ala Minson - he could develop into a decent ruckman.

2. He can take a strong grab, he always seems to pluck a load of them against us. His problem is his kicking at goal.

3. He's had a lot of injury problems. and they've struck him at times when he has looked like building a bit of form.

4. Blair hasn't got it wrong so far...

Just saying.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Welcome Shaun Hampson - Video Interview on the RFC Website 30/10/2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Back