News Welcome Shaun Hampson - Video Interview on the RFC Website 30/10/2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Webberly I find to be an interesting one and a reason to be cautious with overhyping Miles, he was clearly a class above VFL level, but could never take the next step and replicate his performance at AFL level. Noticed a few people starting to hype up Darrou a bit, almost like once happened with Gourdis. Time will tell I guess.

Well if I recall we went after him for 2 seasons, we wanted him badly enough to make a trade rather than wait another season and get him via free agency (or make a play for other options). So obviously they had a lot of confidence that he would be a good fit. Honestly I always expected him to be worse than Maric, but I hoped he would at least be able to "clunk" a mark and maybe lay a few bumps (seriously what is it with Richmond and recruiting Rucks built like Tarzan that play like Jane). Again not 100% sure if they knew or expected Maric to miss this long, but if there was a solid chance that he was going to miss this long from the start, yes it was a poor choice to not put him on the LTI list to allow the option of promoting an extra rookie.

Paying a second rounder for a ruckman with 7 seasons in the system youd expect him to beable to hold down the Number 1 ruck until Maric was 100% ready to go..... that my point. We didnt have the confidence to put Maric on LTI because Hampson is a dud.

Paying a second rounder for a ruckman with 7 seasons in the system youd expect him to beable to hold down the Number 1 ruck until Maric was 100% ready to go..... that my point. We didnt have the confidence to put Maric on LTI because Hampson is a dud.
Oh right my bad, typing replies in between studying so somehow got that mixed up, I was more thinking from the confidence in playing both at the same time and confidence that Maric would get back sooner viewpoint.

I read the first 37 pages of this thread and there are blokes all over the shop . Hating him and then changing their minds once we actually signed the spud I gotta admit there are some who got it wrong that have seen enough of him which is very admirable I think . It's the blokes that want to prove a point to try and be right that scare me the most. It's obviously about them not the RFC
I'll put my hand up and say I tried to back the club on this one. Hahahahaha I'm a loser. :(

This is very, very funny The Rusty Trombone

Needed that badly after this shit truck club keeps letting us down. Now off to the player review in gif form thread. :D
So where are these people that were having a go at me for telling them - 2nd round pick is way overs for Hampson
Ohh ill pit my hand up and say that - I still think we could have got Maric cheaper also

But we are a fair club so we will pay more than we HAVE TO

Cocaine is a hell of a drug , I love it CB17 . Don't take this the wrong way mods , we are mates in real life outside of the World Wide Web.

Lol, you bastard.
Q: what did the hand say to the face?

Question: what did our recruiters see in him that nobody else could see and where is it?

I'm not sure but I'll say it again , it's pure arrogance to think that they could turn him around and Alan Richardson couldn't , backing ourselves to turn this bloke into a footballer is like backing our selves into helping Arnold from Different Strokes to be tall.

Maybe Blair had an under 18's game burned in his mind or something. It's a weird weird decision .

Has his ruck work been any good? Haven't seen many of your games this year.

I always liked him but he frustrated the shit outta me

Tap work - elite
General play - non existent :(

So where are these people that were having a go at me for telling them - 2nd round pick is way overs for Hampson
Ohh ill pit my hand up and say that - I still think we could have got Maric cheaper also

But we are a fair club so we will pay more than we HAVE TO
Yes.
We , over the years have paid a large price for mediocrity. We are still paying for it. A cramped salary cap that couldn't squeeze in an extra 30k
for Matty White must suggest we are oozing with class.At least the potential is there based on the hype.:rainbow::drunk:

Tap work - elite
General play - non existent :(
I reckon he should go off after he does his tap and come back on when the opposition kicks a goal and then go off again

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon he should go off after he does his tap and come back on when the opposition kicks a goal and then go off again

The amount of goals we're leaking, we'd be using half our rotations on one guy. I'd like to see Griffiths and Vickery given a crack at it with Hampson given a spell. Let's not completely write him off yet. No doubt the signs aren't great but I'm not sure how many people would be on the top of their game the weeks following their old man dying.

Same problem we had with him & still have with with warnock. It's a shame mr potential

I have to admit to being shocked by his around the ground play. I have never seen anyone just disappear like he does.

I have to admit to being shocked by his around the ground play. I have never seen anyone just disappear like he does.

Hampson has even stopped asking for it now because his team mates refuse to pass the ball to him.
The opposition let him lose in the hope we do give it to him. We are playing a man short and no side can afford to do that.
The trade was a mistake... The club can Admit it and move on...I can except that. But continuing to play Hampson I can't.

Hampson has even stopped asking for it now because his team mates refuse to pass the ball to him.
The opposition let him lose in the hope we do give it to him. We are playing a man short and no side can afford to do that.
The trade was a mistake... The club can Admit it and move on...I can except that. But continuing to play Hampson I can't.

I made the same comment last week, that after the tap we are literally a man down. It is for this reason that I would like to see Ty and Griff play as 1st and 2nd ruck for a couple of weeks. Whilst we will lose tap dominance, I would expect to see us gain more around the ground.

It is a given that Hampson will not play once Maric returns, surely.

I am not condemning the trade, not yet anyway, but the club needs to find a way to bring him onto general play and fast.

After taking the centre square ruck contest, Hammer needs to make his way down back and play loose, plonking himself 20 meters out from the opposition goal line.
Wont take any grabs but may act as big doofus scarecrow foil type character - give the appearance of their being more defenders in the space than their really is.

Problem is it will allow opposition forwards to weekly get nominated for Mark of the Year because of the countless hangers they will take over him just standing their like a fluoro red marking bag.... :cool:

After taking the centre square ruck contest, Hammer needs to make his way down back and play loose, plonking himself 20 meters out from the opposition goal line.
Wont take any grabs but may act as big doofus scarecrow foil type character - give the appearance of their being more defenders in the space than their really is.

Problem is it will allow opposition forwards to weekly get nominated for Mark of the Year because of the countless hangers they will take over him just standing their like a fluoro red marking bag.... :cool:

He doesn't get out marked thankfully, being the only other positive so far.

I have said it many many times befor and will say it again - Hampson & Maric is not the answer for the richmond football club

The best solution to the Ruck situation is actually having 3 dual position players that are Ruck/Fwd.-Ruck/Fwd,- Ruck/Def
We currently have 2 out of the 3 players in the team Griffiths/Vickery and Just need 1 more thats a defender /ruckman with the 3 dual position players sharing the ruck duties it actually allows for another midfielder with pace.

Days of the Dinosaur are gone

I have said it many many times befor and will say it again - Hampson & Maric is not the answer for the richmond football club

The best solution to the Ruck situation is actually having 3 dual position players that are Ruck/Fwd.-Ruck/Fwd,- Ruck/Def
We currently have 2 out of the 3 players in the team Griffiths/Vickery and Just need 1 more thats a defender /ruckman with the 3 dual position players sharing the ruck duties it actually allows for another midfielder with pace.

Days of the Dinosaur are gone

What teams have that now, I cant think of any, it seems overly ambitious.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Welcome Shaun Hampson - Video Interview on the RFC Website 30/10/2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Back