News Welcome Shaun Hampson - Video Interview on the RFC Website 30/10/2013

Remove this Banner Ad

The best solution to the Ruck situation is actually having 3 dual position players that are Ruck/Fwd.-Ruck/Fwd,- Ruck/Def
We currently have 2 out of the 3 players in the team Griffiths/Vickery and Just need 1 more thats a defender /ruckman with the 3 dual position players sharing the ruck duties it actually allows for another midfielder with pace.

Are you suggesting he plays at HBF? So he can see the game unfold in front of him? Maybe rotating with Houli/Newman? Pretty sure he's the only player that hasn't been tried there.

It might just work! :D

What teams have that now, I cant think of any, it seems overly ambitious.
I dont believe any club has that structure atm,But all we really need to do at the ruck contest is have a tall player with the ability just make a contest which both vickery and griffiths do pretty well and have the extra mid. - The type of player i am thinking of is Jordan Roughead/Jake carlisle/Jackson Trengove

Players can actually read taps from the opposition ruckman, ruck is in my opinion probably the most over rated position in the team and i would much rather an extra midfielder collecting 25 posessions a game, running around unmaned than the allocated ruckman

I dont believe any club has that structure atm,But all we really need to do at the ruck contest is have a tall player with the ability just make a contest which both vickery and griffiths do pretty well and have the extra mid. - The type of player i am thinking of is Jordan Roughead/Jake carlisle/Jackson Trengove

Players can actually read taps from the opposition ruckman, ruck is in my opinion probably the most over rated position in the team and i would much rather an extra midfielder collecting 25 posessions a game, running around unmaned than the allocated ruckman

I like the idea. Elton seems to fit the description the best, covers all bases. Just need him to take the next step.

I wonder if Carlisle will want out after this year?

Been saying it for ten years......

Hang on, maybe just maybe, Ty, Griff and Elton.- never gonna happen
Dream setup.
Vickery as the 'main' ruck.
Griffiths as CHF/ruck
Elton as CHB/ruck. I see heaps of potential in Elton as a Carlisle type player. He's got the athleticism, body and marking but he lacks kicking skills. Maybe it's just goal-kicking skills and not general kicking.

In all seriousness how do we off load this bloke at least to get some one else to pay his 250k a year. We won't get a trade done, it will be similar to the Mitch Morton trade , do you reckon Sydney would be a looker considering they took Derricks? Could Carlton see it within their hearts to take him back , not even for a pick. How do we get this guy off our list with 2.5 years to go on his contract ?

In all seriousness how do we off load this bloke at least to get some one else to pay his 250k a year. We won't get a trade done, it will be similar to the Mitch Morton trade , do you reckon Sydney would be a looker considering they took Derricks? Could Carlton see it within their hearts to take him back , not even for a pick. How do we get this guy off our list with 2.5 years to go on his contract ?
Adelaide has been kind to us of late. Reckon they'll take another spud ruck?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The drafting equations are flawed. I'll help Blair our with the maths for future reference

tap.jpg
002B.gif
images

equal-sign-150.jpg
314879-tlsgallerylandscape.jpg

Can we finally admit this guy is a total liability? I would seriously take graham over this tall pile of excrement, at least he could tackle and take a mark sometimes.
There was actually a patch where Gus was actually really good because there was another ruckman putting pressure on his spot.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Welcome Shaun Hampson - Video Interview on the RFC Website 30/10/2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Back