Welcome Welcome to Adelaide: James Peatling - Traded with F3, F4 for F2

Remove this Banner Ad

I was extremely surprised he chose us considering he's not an SA lad. We usually don't get these deals so it's a massive plus for our recruiting team on this one. They also weren't satisfied with a simple 2nd round pick price but they held off for some change as well.
I don't know what they intend on doing with those picks but it was a steal in the end. I predict Peatling will have a big influence on our centre clearances next year. 👍

I was extremely surprised he chose us considering he's not an SA lad. We usually don't get these deals so it's a massive plus for our recruiting team on this one. They also weren't satisfied with a simple 2nd round pick price but they held off for some change as well.
I don't know what they intend on doing with those picks but it was a steal in the end. I predict Peatling will have a big influence on our centre clearances next year. 👍
I understand that he chose us because his Mrs and Cumming's Mrs are best mates ().

The negotiation was interesting (at least for me).

We apparently offered our 2nd and 3rd for their 2nd, or 2x3rds (ours and Melbourne's), for Peatling. They wanted a 2nd outright.

We might have been leveraging them needing a better 3rd than their own to get Stringer (which ended up not being true).

Peatling was probably worth an early second.

But their negotiations were based around a 2nd being highly valuable and 3rds being worth nothing, while we were effectively saying 2x3rds = 1x2nd.

If we were both telling the truth, they got a 2nd for Peatling and gave up nothing in return, and we got Peatling for free.

It will be interesting to see what we do with those picks next year. If we swap 2x3rds for a 2nd, Peatling was free. If we could do that, but take players with the 2x3rds, then they paid us for Peatling. But if they don't pick any player after their 2nd, they got a 2nd for Peatling and gave nothing back.

That would be a perfect negotiation (including that we did in the last 10 minutes of the negotiation what we could have done in the first 10 minutes, but just took all the time alotted before doing it).

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome Welcome to Adelaide: James Peatling - Traded with F3, F4 for F2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back