News Welcome to Carlton - Andrew Collins

Remove this Banner Ad

Fair enough. How do you reckon he'll go at Carlton?
Yeah good I reckon. He's a really hard worker, and he has his bloody head screwed on, unlike some other players his age. I think he belongs in the FWD line, as we have a ton of gd midfielders. He'll be good. I guarantee it.

He had some really gd games for Richmond, showed some real class.

Yeah good I reckon. He's a really hard worker, and he has his bloody head screwed on, unlike some other players his age. I think he belongs in the FWD line, as we have a ton of gd midfielders. He'll be good. I guarantee it.

He had some really gd games for Richmond, showed some real class.
Cheers Gouldy, hope he goes well :thumbsu:

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=766386

31 pages for a player who might be a more polished version of Robinson or Wiggins.

And you think our board is bad.

I love how some wanted us to give them a pick upgrade to give them Grigg and receive Collins in return.

What planet are they from?

Grigg will take eventually the place of Tuck who turns 30 next year.

HF: Deledio Astbury Newman
C: Jackson Grigg Foley
R: Vickery Cotchin Martin
HF: Edwards Griffiths Morton

Richmond will have good midfielders and flankers once they add their first pick in this draft.

Gibbs will move into Grigg's role now that we have Laidler.

Win-win trade.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=766386

31 pages for a player who might be a more polished version of Robinson or Wiggins.

And you think our board is bad.

Just had a quick look at that thread & found this gem TG :p

Andy Collins was a fringe player in a side that finished 2nd last. Grigg was a heavy contributer to a side that was steaming towards the finals and only lost a crucial game because Grigg was out with a hamstring injury -from Carlton insiders.

We lost a crucial game because Grigg was out of the team ...........

That is the funniest thing I have heard all year ROFL !!!!!!!!!!

A heavy contributor ........... hahahahahaha he only played 8 games this year.

I just want to go on the record as saying that I feel so sorry that Andy has to wear that stinking blue jumper and who ever is responsible should get an upper cut.

I'd also like to welcome Grigg to the Richmond Footy Club. I just feel so sad that Andy is going to miss out playing in all our flag wins over the next decade. That hurts because on heart alone and let's not forget his silky smooth foot skills and reflexes like a cat he deserves it.

Andy will be Carltons next Captain for sure in amongst all those tossers. It will pain me to see it.

This one is my favourite. :thumbsu: Hard to win flags when the one you're waving is white.

Funny read Aphro.

I don't know Collins, but I think they're underestimating the role Grigg will play in their structure. Grigga will free up their runners and win the ball inside because his hands are good. Set up Murphy's sealer on his left after beating Simon Black at a stoppage with a clean take and give in the one action.

Yet he can spread for a tall mid.

Funny read Aphro.

I don't know Collins, but I think they're underestimating the role Grigg will play in their structure. Grigga will free up their runners and win the ball inside because his hands are good. Set up Murphy's sealer on his left after beating Simon Black at a stoppage with a clean take and give in the one action.

Yet he can spread for a tall mid.

There are some absolute gems in that thread TG.

The 2 things that stick in my mind this year in regards to Grigg are :-

Rnd 21 against the Cats - he took an amazing mark appr 30 metres out from goal & kicks it out on the full :eek:

And more the same in the Rnd 22 against Freo.

I am sure Grigg's role will improve their structure, but let's hope Collins is better for ours :thumbsu:

Afterall, we could have lost Grigg for nothing if he went into the PSD.

The 2 things that stick in my mind this year in regards to Grigg are :-

Rnd 21 against the Cats - he took an amazing mark appr 30 metres out from goal & kicks it out on the full :eek:

And more the same in the elimination final against the Swans.

Well he obviously isn't too big of a loss.... One of the two things that stick in your mind never even happened!
(I've seen a couple other Blues supporters talking up his game in the final.... I clearly watched a different game, Griggs replacement managed 3 goals!)

Well he obviously isn't too big of a loss.... One of the two things that stick in your mind never even happened!
(I've seen a couple other Blues supporters talking up his game in the final.... I clearly watched a different game, Griggs replacement managed 3 goals!)

Opps my bad. Must have been thinking of another game :eek:

Yes Walker did manage to kick 3 goals :)

Opps my bad. Must have been thinking of another game :eek:

Yes Walker did manage to kick 3 goals :)

I think (stand to be corrected) it was the Round 22 game against Freo where he took a mark maybe 35 metres out and promptly sprayed it out on the full about 20m around from the behind post. From memory it was at a crucial time in the match too, just when we were making a run.

Can't say I've seen much of Grigg but am very dissapointed to having lost Collins.
If you're in need of a smart, natural footballer rather than athlete, good overhead and all heart and courage then you've found him. Collins is a goalkicking HFF/winger who uses it pretty well and makes good decisions.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Welcome to Carlton - Andrew Collins

Remove this Banner Ad

Back