Toast Welcome to Carlton Sam Docherty!

Remove this Banner Ad

If someone didn't understand what you ladies were on about. One could be thinking very different things. :eek:

I don't think it's very difficult to understand;)

Even better that he obviously wasn't overawed taking on his former team and whatever boos he had to endure, if any. Real credit to him.

Daisy doesn't like this.

Should have got Taylor Adams instead

We'd be thrilled for what Docherty has produced thus far and rightly so.

Adams is an interesting one. I was super keen on bringing him across to Carlton because he's a terrific young footballer, but quite clearly he hasn't hit his straps at his new home just yet.

Has the tools to be a top tier inside midfielder but that's not where they are playing him at this stage. He is the logical replacement for Luke Ball, but they seem hell bent on playing him as a small running defender which I think is a huge mistake.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We'd be thrilled for what Docherty has produced thus far and rightly so.

Adams is an interesting one. I was super keen on bringing him across to Carlton because he's a terrific young footballer, but quite clearly he hasn't hit his straps at his new home just yet.

Has the tools to be a top tier inside midfielder but that's not where they are playing him at this stage. He is the logical replacement for Luke Ball, but they seem hell bent on playing him as a small running defender which I think is a huge mistake.
Doesn't dispose the ball well from what I've seen.

I've been very pleasantly surprised with Doc's attack on the ball, had no idea he had it in him from the Brisbane games of him I watched post trade. He's what we wanted in Lucas!

Did anyone see Adams' kicking for goal straight in front on Friday night? Loved it.

Doesn't dispose the ball well from what I've seen.

I've been very pleasantly surprised with Doc's attack on the ball, had no idea he had it in him from the Brisbane games of him I watched post trade. He's what we wanted in Lucas!
Is that even neccessary? :thumbsdown:

As poor as your post where you stated your embarrassment for Russell who wore the number two before Menzel.

You didn't play 116 games and make the leadership group.

Can't bag the hacks who enjoy venting like grumpy old curmudgeons.

Lucas beat Docherty last year.

been absolutely fantastic ....

docherty, buckley, menzel, cripps ... suddenly the future is not so bad

add a fit kreuzer and an improving casboult who knows we may have a future

Was it as bad as either Hendo or Menzels' efforts in the first quarter on saturday?
Adams was straight infront & like 30m out. I didn't watch our game but I saw Menzel's shot and am prepared to say it's an anomaly. Adams has time and time again shown he is a poor kick.

Is that even neccessary? :thumbsdown:

As poor as your post where you stated your embarrassment for Russell who wore the number two before Menzel.

You didn't play 116 games and make the leadership group.

Can't bag the hacks who enjoy venting like grumpy old curmudgeons.

Lucas beat Docherty last year.
I'm not the type to make opinions based on group think and vitriol. My opinion is one I base off watching plenty of football and analysing my club throughout the whole year...I've been critical of fan favourites like Walker and Simpson when it's been warranted and at the moment Lucas isn't where we want him to be at. All players have injuries and the good ones need to over come adversity and not forgo certain standards for their position.

The Russell comment was in jest and in relation to greats of the club in Nicholls and Williams...if we're going to pick apart the choice of one word and generalise characters off that then I'm not interested. You know I love the club and track the whole team, especially the youngsters and I know you're super dedicated so let's not get shit twisted.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Welcome to Carlton Sam Docherty!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back