Player Watch Welcome to Collingwood Harry Perryman

Remove this Banner Ad

Seems to be well rounded in his game.

Not absolutely just a dour defensive minded player. Lot of those plays he is finding the right position and stopping attacks or creating with his movement into space.

Going to surprise a lot of supporters.

Go have a read of the social media coverage on Bobby Hill when he joined us. So many thought he was overs and a waste of space.

Seems to be well rounded in his game.

Not absolutely just a dour defensive minded player. Lot of those plays he is finding the right position and stopping attacks or creating with his movement into space.

Going to surprise a lot of supporters.

Go have a read of the social media coverage on Bobby Hill when he joined us. So many thought he was overs and a waste of space.
Is there anyone we have recruited who hasn't been a spud or dud in the eyes of so many Collingwood fans? McStay, Bobby Hill, Schultz, Leigh Brown, Body Holland, James Clement and others who escape me for the moment were all branded underwhelming additions at best.

Is there anyone we have recruited who hasn't been a spud or dud in the eyes of so many Collingwood fans? McStay, Bobby Hill, Schultz, Leigh Brown, Body Holland, James Clement and others who escape me for the moment were all branded underwhelming additions at best.

Not sure if you're being serious?

Treloar? Adams? Mitchell?

Even Hill I don't think anyone was saying underwhelming. Some were questioning what we gave up for someone who no one had seen play for over a year, which is kinda fair enough.

Schultz similar, most were questioning cost vs quality of the player

McStay the board was definitely split on. Many chose to focus on the fact that his highest goal tally to that point was in the 20s, others were more excited at the idea of how much he could straighten us up (like me)

This board's strike rate on excitement levels for trades is about 50/50.

So with Tier 1 guess contract is 800k+

Feels tad overs
It’s more than I get a year as a PAYGer (even with overtime) and some say that’s overs 😉 In the famous words of somebody “it is what it is”
Nice to get a strong bodied player too with good decision making ability and a player who is ambifoostrous.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm getting Scott Burns vibes from the man. Hoping for good things.

Not sure if you're being serious?

Treloar? Adams? Mitchell?

Even Hill I don't think anyone was saying underwhelming. Some were questioning what we gave up for someone who no one had seen play for over a year, which is kinda fair enough.

Schultz similar, most were questioning cost vs quality of the player

McStay the board was definitely split on. Many chose to focus on the fact that his highest goal tally to that point was in the 20s, others were more excited at the idea of how much he could straighten us up (like me)

This board's strike rate on excitement levels for trades is about 50/50.
Of course, I am. The reflex response by most is a negative one. Taylor Adams was hated on more than most in his first year or two. I remember the crowd reaction to some of his early performances and it was brutal. What are you saying? Treloar and Mitchell were regarded as more positive pick ups but how does that in any way contradict my point? Many players who have gone on to be excellent contributors were regarded by many as duds or underwhelming when first welcomed to the club.

As for Hill- how anyone who follows footy could not see the unlimited potential in him is beyond me. So what if he missed a season due to illness? Surely the sample size we saw was more than enough.

I'm sure there were some who saw the upside of these players. I just get tired of the glass half empty approach so many seem to take.

So Harry said when the chance came to play with the pies he grabbed it with both hands. Is he saying it was nothing to do with the money?

Come on man, what do you seriously expect him to say?

Have you seen how Grundy has been vilified for saying his career wouldn’t be defined by premierships? And he’s not even necessarily wrong, many good players never get to win one.

People smugly talking about how Kane Cornes is an idiot, when they're the puppets doing exactly what he wants... talking about him.
He's taken over from Kevin Bartlett. Being controversial and saying silly stuff to get the phone lines ringing. Thats his job and hes doing it well. I wouldn't think he believes half the stuff he spews out

I don't care what he's getting paid. We needed a midfielder who can play other positions. We got our man. He chose us. Happy Days. Welcome Harry 🥰
I agree. All free agents seem to get overs. Its a bit of a price to pay for not handing over any draft picks. Go well Harry. Good to have another Pies man on board

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Welcome to Collingwood Harry Perryman

Remove this Banner Ad

Back