Player Watch Welcome to Collingwood Harry Perryman

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure if you're being serious?

Treloar? Adams? Mitchell?

Even Hill I don't think anyone was saying underwhelming. Some were questioning what we gave up for someone who no one had seen play for over a year, which is kinda fair enough.

Schultz similar, most were questioning cost vs quality of the player

McStay the board was definitely split on. Many chose to focus on the fact that his highest goal tally to that point was in the 20s, others were more excited at the idea of how much he could straighten us up (like me)

This board's strike rate on excitement levels for trades is about 50/50.

Social media is quite a read when we recruit players.

Long story short behind my original post.

Re Bobby Hill, I posted something positive on the insta collingwood post when we recruited him in that trade period.

Come this year in approx July i receive a notification to that post. I looked and im like , oh someone liked my post.

I looked closer at who liked it , was Bobby Hill hismelf. I went and read through the rest of the comments posted above mine, gosh it made me sad reading. Nothing was positive. Suffice to say Bobby is easily my fave player now hah.

Re Bobby Hill, I posted something positive on the insta collingwood post when we recruited him in that trade period.

Come this year in approx July i receive a notification to that post. I looked and im like , oh someone liked my post.

I looked closer at who liked it , was Bobby Hill hismelf. I went and read through the rest of the comments posted above mine, gosh it made me sad reading. Nothing was positive. Suffice to say Bobby is easily my fave player now hah.
I got my son a Premiership teddy bear - he named it Bobby.

I read something earlier about the draft picks Perryman and battle got for compensation. I must admit that the "system" or. the code or the secret handshake that spits out the value of a player is stuffed. The article said that Perryman's was worse than Battle... I must admit that I've never noticed battle play before. I don't seek out saints games but he seems very ordinary. You get the impression that both clubs - GWS and st. Kilda - are popping champagne.

I read something earlier about the draft picks Perryman and battle got for compensation. I must admit that the "system" or. the code or the secret handshake that spits out the value of a player is stuffed. The article said that Perryman's was worse than Battle... I must admit that I've never noticed battle play before. I don't seek out saints games but he seems very ordinary. You get the impression that both clubs - GWS and st. Kilda - are popping champagne.
Why? GWS got pick 16. It will slide further. Perryman is a former pick 14 that’s going to play 200 games. the chances of them finding a player like him with a late pick is low

Why? GWS got pick 16. It will slide further. Perryman is a former pick 14 that’s going to play 200 games. the chances of them finding a player like him with a late pick is low

i cant remember where i saw the article. I think it was a general statement that he was an average player. I think the old buddy franklin outcome is always referred to....and frawley. I dont like the system. Clubs should lose the player without compensation and I think clubs need to be able to trade players who are in contract. And I'm not sure harry would have got pick 16 in a trade....and certainly not battle to get a pick 8.

anyway, you're more of an expert than me. I just want to see the outcomes at the end of the trade period.

i cant remember where i saw the article. I think it was a general statement that he was an average player. I think the old buddy franklin outcome is always referred to....and frawley. I dont like the system. Clubs should lose the player without compensation and I think clubs need to be able to trade players who are in contract. And I'm not sure harry would have got pick 16 in a trade....and certainly not battle to get a pick 8.

anyway, you're more of an expert than me. I just want to see the outcomes at the end of the trade period.
I’m no expert markfs. I just don’t agree that GWS would be thrilled. Even battle, I mean, is not an elite defender but he’s a bloody good one. Pick 8 could turn out to be Darcy Moore, but it could also be DGB

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does he lie or just provoke through opinion?

Defiantly both. It’s just shit that these guys use us as the vessel in which they further their careers. Go after other clubs for change, it gets boring.

Knobbo, Carowhine, Korn have and are building careers on talking garbage about our pies while, generally, paying lip service to the nasty affairs at their own shit stains of football clubs.

The Essendrug scandal, numerous Martin episodes and many others like the shenanigans during the hawks dynasty would have been 100 times worse if it were our great club.

Look a Bruhn for instance. Gets a little paragraph……Swan, heath, degoey received front and back page coverage and monologues at the start of football shows.

If Korn is happy to become the new Knobbo, then he should be prepared to crash and burn at some stage like the ostracised Knobbo now is. The smell of bullshit eventually rubs everyone the wrong way.

Especially with HH not playing much next season
As a point of comparison, he did his ACL 3 months earlier in the year than Dan McStay did the year prior, so returning a few months earlier than McStay isn't outside of the realms of possibility, which would put his return around the mid-year mark.

Will Ashcroft, as another point of comparison for a younger guy who they were obviously going to be very careful with, returned 11 months after his injury, which would put Harvey somewhere in the July range.

Point being, much like I maintained with McStay this year, Harvey Harrison WILL play footy in 2025, barring any setbacks. Just remains to be seen how early he'll return.

I remember a comment on here suggesting we didn’t need to go after Bobby because we had Cooper Murley on the list…

Please someone keep the receipts. The way Brad Johnson and Damian Barret spoke about Perryman is disrespectful.

3 top 10 bnf finishes in the last 5 seasons, I can’t wait till Harry proves them wrong.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Welcome to Collingwood Harry Perryman

Remove this Banner Ad

Back