Toast Welcome To Freo Cooper Simpson (pick 35 2023 AFL Draft)

Remove this Banner Ad

If we get a regular best 22 from this draft that would have met my expectations. But now after the draft I expect 2+ and Simpson is one of them.
Delean looks a likely replacement for Walters in a couple of years, may get an opportunity sooner.
Simpson will be putting pressure on Switta, Aish and JOM sooner than expected.

I watched a couple of Dees training sessions over summer when Simpson and Duursma trained with them as part of the academy. Simpson had the body and the look of a random VFL player rather than a skinny kid. He showed some class and didn't look out of place. But one thing he did stood out to me, he completely stopped Petracca in his tracks in one drill with a tackle. Generally only Viney or Oliver might stop Tracc, the rest of them he fends or shruggs off with ease. Does it mean anything - probably not - but it impressed me.

I watched a couple of Dees training sessions over summer when Simpson and Duursma trained with them as part of the academy. Simpson had the body and the look of a random VFL player rather than a skinny kid. He showed some class and didn't look out of place. But one thing he did stood out to me, he completely stopped Petracca in his tracks in one drill with a tackle. Generally only Viney or Oliver might stop Tracc, the rest of them he fends or shruggs off with ease. Does it mean anything - probably not - but it impressed me.
Interesting and unexpected. A welcome insight.

Any thoughts on his capabilities outside of pure midfield time?

You can come here for some hand to gland combat anytime.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Faster Darcy Tucker would work too
I think this is the most realistic take on here.

I get these vibes too - especially considering he was previously highly rated and slipped due to a injury interrupted season - which I believe was the same for Darcy wasn't it?

But that's no fun - definitely Chris Judd mk 2.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Welcome To Freo Cooper Simpson (pick 35 2023 AFL Draft)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back