Universal Love Welcome to Freo- Josh Treacy

Remove this Banner Ad

I for one believe we should coax an angry drop bear into wafl headquarters. We then walk away calmly. ignoring the sounds of a feral drop bear getting to work.

Oh well he’ll have to make sure he dominates at AFL level and never has to go back to the WAFL as by the end of the year he’ll have a 100+ WAFL suspension hanging over his head
I think you are deregistered if you have more than 21 games suspended, but not sure if that's just AT WAFL.

It would be most peculiar for a player to only be able to play AFL for the rest of his career

If the tribunal only had the same footage that we’ve all seen, they must have second guessed this at the very best.
To be fair they would have had the testimony of Brady 'no axe to grind' Grey and Trev 'I was a disinterested and impartial observer' Nisbett too

To be fair they would have had the testimony of Brady 'no axe to grind' Grey and Trev 'I was a disinterested and impartial observer' Nisbett too

TBH, if Brady was concussed, you can't really use him as a reliable witness.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm hoping for Josh's sake this whole episode becomes a key formative moment in his playing career.

Josh has all the football potential of a young Barry Hall.

But Josh also swung his arm indiscriminately in that tackle, just like Barry Hall would... and a good player and decent man got seriously hurt as a result.

That is something I don't like at all... matter of fact I hate it.

I compared Treacy to Barry Hall much earlier in this thread, but I also said that Freo don't train thugs, and probably won't entertain Josh staying at the club if he ends up becoming one... I need to stand by that statement because it's the right message to give.

Privately, I have to admit that IMO the five week ban was probably the right decision.

I like Josh a lot.. but putting aside my enormous Freo bias, my disappointment, and my frustration at that decision, Josh has the potential to really hurt somebody if he continues to play like that.

Pav and Hall both had strength, poise, skill and talent... but only one of them won universal respect from players and opponents alike - because only one of them never once to my knowledge swung an arm at anybody, or never ever took pride in his ability to hurt people.

Going by his comments, Josh seems pretty willing to accept the possibility of really hurting people, and that's worrying to me, simply because he's good enough to not need to flatten people like Barry would, in order to win.

You're a very impressive young man Josh... but you're also right on the edge of a slippery slope right now... I encourage you to take the high path if you can, and avoid any thuggish instincts or encouragement you get towards overly-rough play - especially from us lot, cause we're as biased and one-eyed as it gets.

Don't just win games mate - win people's respect as well... it lasts a shit-ton longer than your football career will and delivers you twice as many benefits over the long term.

Don't be another Barry Hall - set the bar higher for yourself, cause you're already good enough to acchieve much more than he ever did.

If it can help turn a future Barry Hall, into a future Matthew Pavlich, then five weeks off is a small price to pay frankly.

Last edited:
Yeah 4 weeks suck. Being called out by JLo today will give him a kick up the ass. Doesn’t deserve 4 but how is anyone surprised about this? Classic dockery docker moment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If JLo thinks Treacy should work on his technique, Justin should definitely work on his technique of publicly talking about players who are appealing to a tribunal. What he said undermined the appeal.

I'm hoping for Josh's sake this whole episode becomes a key formative moment in his playing career.

Josh has all the football potential of a young Barry Hall.

But Josh also swung his arm indiscriminately in that tackle, just like Barry Hall would... and a good player and decent man got seriously hurt as a result.

That is something I don't like at all... matter of fact I hate it.

I compared Treacy to Barry Hall much earlier in this thread, but I also said that Freo don't train thugs, and probably won't entertain Josh staying at the club if he ends up becoming one... I need to stand by that statement because it's the right message to give.

Privately, I have to admit that IMO the five week ban was probably the right decision.

I like Josh a lot.. but putting aside my enormous Freo bias, my disappointment, and my frustration at that decision, Josh has the potential to really hurt somebody if he continues to play like that.

Pav and Hall both had strength, poise, skill and talent... but only one of them won universal respect from players and opponents alike - because only one of them never once to my knowledge swung an arm at anybody, or never ever took pride in his ability to hurt people.

Going by his comments, Josh seems pretty willing to accept the possibility of really hurting people, and that's worrying to me, simply because he's good enough to not need to flatten people like Barry would, in order to win.

You're a very impressive young man Josh... but you're also right on the edge of a slippery slope right now... I encourage you to take the high path if you can, and avoid any thuggish instincts or encouragement you get towards overly-rough play - especially from us lot, cause we're as biased and one-eyed as it gets.

Don't just win games mate - win people's respect as well... it lasts a sh*t-ton longer than your football career will and delivers you twice as many benefits over the long term.

Don't be another Barry Hall - set the bar higher for yourself, cause you're already good enough to acchieve much more than he ever did.

If it can help turn a future Barry Hall, into a future Matthew Pavlich, then five weeks off is a small price to pay frankly.
[/QUOTE
Weak .. it was nothing like a Barry hall.

So O'Sullivan headed the tribunal, but the remainder of the panel is unnamed! Even the media were locked out. Why the secrecy? What are they trying to hide?

How many millions of dollars do we give to this rubbish amateur WAFL organisation each year? Can we please disassociate ourselves from them? I am beyond bitter.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Universal Love Welcome to Freo- Josh Treacy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back