Universal Love Welcome to Freo- Josh Treacy

Remove this Banner Ad

He's notably on the move much more in f50. Don't see him standing and wrestling as much.

If you were to liken his game to a current or historic player who would it be? Talking purely style wise not talent/achievements.

Jonathan Brown?
Remember that wrecking ball Troy Wilson for wet toast? Josh's physicality reminds me of him.

I like Shadowfax. :)
Ellie Kemper Nerd GIF by The Office

Remember that wrecking ball Troy Wilson for wet toast? Josh's physicality reminds me of him.

Troy Wilson did ok as a mature aged AFL pick, had the turning circle of a Mack truck however. JT is a more subtle version, just a natural footballer who plays with a degree of intent matched few others.

Everyone is still sleeping on JT. If he was a top 5 pick in Victoria the hype would be through the roof right now.
Not sure anyone is sleeping on him now. He's had high praise from quite a few east coast media pundits in recent weeks. I think it was Dermott who only this week said he could be the next breakout power forward of the AFL. On the Couch were also very complimentary and highlighted his field kicking. I'm sure one of them said he's got everything you want in a key forward.

Always runs hard, tackles ferociously, smashes packs if he can't get his hands on the ball, is starting to hold more he can get his hands too, kicks accurately for goal over long distance and cost less than two serves of hot chips. What's not too like?

The fact that he might only have another 14 years in him is cause for concern.

Everyone is still sleeping on JT. If he was a top 5 pick in Victoria the hype would be through the roof right now.

I still believe that if covid didn't shut down U18s footy then his marking, aggression and size would have seen him taken in the second round.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure anyone is sleeping on him now. He's had high praise from quite a few east coast media pundits in recent weeks. I think it was Dermott who only this week said he could be the next breakout power forward of the AFL. On the Couch were also very complimentary and highlighted his field kicking. I'm sure one of them said he's got everything you want in a key forward.
Dermie borderline yicky on our boy.
Wants to get in "early"...
Too late though

Remove this Banner Ad

Universal Love Welcome to Freo- Josh Treacy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back