Universal Love Welcome to Freo- Josh Treacy

Remove this Banner Ad

Troy Wilson did ok as a mature aged AFL pick, had the turning circle of a Mack truck however. JT is a more subtle version, just a natural footballer who plays with a degree of intent matched few others.
Nah I'm talking about how Troy went about it. Don't worry about the differences in turning circles and all that. The intent is the same. I remember Troy would not slow down on those leads when players tried to cut in front. Created carnage & twas awesome then & awesome now seeing it from Treacy.

There were a few like me who rated Collin’s but yeah mostly outnumbered by those labeling him a spud we wouldn’t miss.
The thing about Collins wasn't so much he didn't have ability, but more the fact he was 3rd or 4th in line for his position at the time and undersized at that. List realities often mean non-ideal choices need to be made.

Pearce, Hamling, Cox, Logue.

Be honest which of these guys did you think Collins would be better than?

If it weren’t for injuries, even Cox and Logue might never have got a consistent go as KPDs. We’ve seen how good Pearce is the last few years, whilst I think people forget just how good Hamling was for us 2017-2019. The club would’ve known how good Pearce was and there was no reason then that Hamling wasn’t going to be best 22 for the next 6-7 years unless Cox or Logue forced him out.

The mistake was possibly not given Collins a one or two year deal. Reality is though he would’ve probably been traded for peanuts a year or two later and we’d still be talking about not getting enough for him.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Westies (West Highland Terriers). Yorkies are tiny and tan coloured, but incredibly cute. The Wesie is considered to be a working dog and still used on some farms in the south-west. There's two used at Howard Park to keep down the rabbits. They were bread from a Cairn Terrier (which is brown) and were used for wealthy farmers for fox and rabbit hunting. A duke shot his fave dog so bred white ones to make them more visible. We have foxes around where we live, and some nights it drives my boys nuts!

A lady down south has bred them to guard cattle, they can be used in the Highlands to climb rocks etc alongside their cousins (Border collies), and the coal mines have also used them for their loud barks to sound warnings.

They are incredibly smart, robust and stubborn. Fyfey will watch the footy with me and knows when his namesake has the ball. He even growled at Jako when we watched an old derby :)

Westies (West Highland Terriers). Yorkies are tiny and tan coloured, but incredibly cute. The Wesie is considered to be a working dog and still used on some farms in the south-west. There's two used at Howard Park to keep down the rabbits. They were bread from a Cairn Terrier (which is brown) and were used for wealthy farmers for fox and rabbit hunting. A duke shot his fave dog so bred white ones to make them more visible. We have foxes around where we live, and some nights it drives my boys nuts!

A lady down south has bred them to guard cattle, they can be used in the Highlands to climb rocks etc alongside their cousins (Border collies), and the coal mines have also used them for their loud barks to sound warnings.

They are incredibly smart, robust and stubborn. Fyfey will watch the footy with me and knows when his namesake has the ball. He even growled at Jako when we watched an old derby :)
Can't beat BC. Love em.

There were a few like me who rated Collin’s but yeah mostly outnumbered by those labeling him a spud we wouldn’t miss.
Yeah, I liked him too and was a bit devo we didn't rate him. That being said, he himself said that delisting is what gave him the kick so I guess we could see that ability to a certain degree.

While travelling from Mildura to Shepparton today we came across the town of Cohuna. A nice little town with plenty of room in the main street for a big statue of Josh Treacy once his career is over.

Interestingly there is also a Treacy Road close to Shepparton.

Attachments

• 20240701_142716.jpg
    20240701_142716.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 47
While travelling from Mildura to Shepparton today we came across the town of Cohuna. A nice little town with plenty of room in the main street for a big statue of Josh Treacy once his career is over.

Interestingly there is also a Treacy Road close to Shepparton.
that's pretty cool :). did you walk around it in your Freo gear?

Was going through the goal kicking list and note that Josh is now 6th in the Coleman.
Couple of things were notable:
  1. How accurate he is. He’s now kicked 35.10
  2. How few shots he has in comparison to other key forwards. 45. Almost all the key forwards have between 50 and 75 (Curnow)
The next step for Josh (and the team) is getting the ball in his hands more.
If he gets Curnow amount of ball and kicks at his current accuracy (78%) he would have 58 goals, and be leading the Coleman by 12.

Exciting times.
For this reason I would either play Reidy or play Voss as a ruck to relieve Jackson.

I want Josh to never leave the forward line, unless he’s getting beaten badly on the day.

Must admit, if I heard someone shout 'Bucephalus' across a dog park, I would assume nothing but excellent things about that person.

On a historical/mythical/dog related note, I feel that Treacy brings enough violence for our three-headed beast to be called Cerberus as opposed to JJJ (or maybe just save that for when Vossy comes in).

On SM-G988U1 using BigFooty.com mobile app

The thing about Collins wasn't so much he didn't have ability, but more the fact he was 3rd or 4th in line for his position at the time and undersized at that. List realities often mean non-ideal choices need to be made.

We made a decision to give Michael Johnson another year when he was clearly cooked over extending Collins. That was the decision. Johnson was a leader at the club but clearly declining.

Remove this Banner Ad

Universal Love Welcome to Freo- Josh Treacy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back