List Mgmt. Welcome to Geelong Nakia Cockatoo - National Draft selection no. 10

Remove this Banner Ad

How good is this kid going to be? I was re-watching parts of Saturday's game and his pace is fantastic. At one point he had a ridiculous one-handed pick up, unfortunately before being caught holding the ball.

Bring on 2016 for Nakia, what an excitement machine!
totally agree. He's not just fast, but has that "big arse" solid look. And I think a bit of agro. And no doubt some here will bag him, because he's going to back himself and have a crack, and sometimes turn it over. Maybe the new StevieJ in that way?

How good is this kid going to be? I was re-watching parts of Saturday's game and his pace is fantastic. At one point he had a ridiculous one-handed pick up, unfortunately before being caught holding the ball.

Bring on 2016 for Nakia, what an excitement machine!

Also to add too this, very strong through the hips. Already breaks tackles. Only going to get stronger!

Imagine Bruce "his just ridin the **** to the ground"

bruce-delish-628.gif

Also to add too this, very strong through the hips. Already breaks tackles. Only going to get stronger!

Watch his tackling, very strong in the core. Usually flips his opponent over, sling like. For a young player, he's got a lot of core strength

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Even his non-goal highlights were unbelievable. His run through the middle of the ground and kick to Clark against Carlton, his clearance against Hawthorn along the boundary, think he suplexed someone in the Collingwood game, another where he was tackled but shook it off by twisting around and getting the handball out. Think that's all I remember but he is a human highlight reel.

And he can help Danger tweak his kicking.
From what I hear is his kicking is the reason the Crows are getting rid of him. ;)

Not sure what to expect from Nakia next season.

Second pre-season, a few extra games in the NAB Cup, a few extra VFL games, a year older, etc.

He looked pretty raw to me in the games I saw - so I suppose I expect him to play maybe 4-8 senior games in 2016 and be ready for a big 2017 campaign.

It will be quite hard to break into the best 22 at GFC if we have few injuries - if we get all 4 recruits that want to come to us - and then Gore should get a few senior games as well.

I just hope they rest some of the older players - like Lonergan for Henderson, Enright and Mackie so we can fit Thurlow, Bews and Kolo in the same backline, and Bartel so we can play Nakia and Gore.

Then we need to rest some others so Vardy can get games.

I just hope we have a rotation policy so we get some senior games into the best youngsters (Gregson, Thurlow, Bews, Kolo, Nakia, Gore - and maybe even Smedts). There will be games that we can play a few youngsters in and we will get some injuries and maybe a suspension or two that allow for the rotation policy to work. Come 2017 we should be primed to go.

If we get all 4 big names in this trade period we should finish in the top 8 and maybe even 6 th - so we could play a couple of finals that will help the development of the kids when Enright, Bartel and Lonergan will be most likely gone.

I'm not expecting much from Nakia in his second season.

22 games plus finals, the Rising Star award, 30 goals, All Australian selection and the Norm Smith.

I'm not being greedy, am I?

I'm not expecting much from Nakia in his second season.

22 games plus finals, the Rising Star award, 30 goals, All Australian selection and the Norm Smith.

I'm not being greedy, am I?

Quick ring Ladbrokes and get your money on now before word gets out ;).

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Welcome to Geelong Nakia Cockatoo - National Draft selection no. 10

Remove this Banner Ad

Back