Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn : Calsher Dear! Rising star nom!

Remove this Banner Ad

Phenomenal goal to keep this in play with your feet only, hold off an opponent and soccer it through so cleanly - but jeez Brayshaw is such a vacuum, all he could muster was "off the ground, got it" before 10 seconds of dead air. A great piece of footy made seem pedestrian by woeful calling.

Phenomenal goal to keep this in play with your feet only, hold off an opponent and soccer it through so cleanly - but jeez Brayshaw is such a vacuum, all he could muster was "off the ground, got it" before 10 seconds of dead air. A great piece of footy made seem pedestrian by woeful calling.

He’s very good at scoring those dinky toe tap goals in the goal square. Has had a few this year and almost a second in this game that hit the post.

This is such shite commentary, failed to capture the moment. Take away the footage and you swear he kicked a simple goal off the ground directly in front. Love to hear some of the radio calls on this.

He’s very good at scoring those dinky toe tap goals in the goal square. Has had a few this year and almost a second in this game that hit the post.
Pulling something from nothing has been as specialty this year.

I have no idea what Calsher's ceiling is. He is athletic, has natural footy smarts and super quick decision-making. He is great overhead and can kick a long goal. What happens when he develops greater body strength?
He's 19 in his first season as a key position player, his ceiling is in another galaxy, it's unbelievable he was taken at pick 56.

Sent from my CPH2343 using Tapatalk

The 10 seconds of dead air was some of Brayshaws finest commentary in my opinion.

Redo last years draft and Calsher Dear is going number 2!
It's nice we've ended up with the two best. But I'd have Calsh at #1 and Wizz at #2 ;)
I have no idea what Calsher's ceiling is. He is athletic, has natural footy smarts and super quick decision-making. He is great overhead and can kick a long goal. What happens when he develops greater body strength?
To be fair, if the last month is his ceiling - but he delivers it consistently for the next 10 yeas - I'll be bloody happy.

Calsher is the real rising star for me. No disrespect to Dempsey etc.

The Impact he has had on this team since coming into the side has been nothing short of brilliant.

Playing the hardest position on the ground as a 19yo first year player who has come into the AFL on very limited preparation

What a Star

What a Story

The Impact he has had on this team since coming into the side has been nothing short of brilliant.

Playing the hardest position on the ground as a 19yo first year player who has come into the AFL on very limited preparation

What a Star

What a Story
And if you take into account he only played half a year yet kicked 20+ goals it’s incredible

What a Star

What a Story
Said it at the time but KPP really should be graded on a curve when it comes to the Rising Star. It's turned into a half back award because that's the easiest way to start a gun player, and while they broke tradition with Dempsey he's also the same age as Nick Daicos which is kinda bs.

Extra weighting for players coming in, at 19, mixing it in roles that throw them in the deep end. Rucks, KPDs and KPFs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reminds me of that all time classic Geoff Lemon article cooking Brayshaw, Slater et al. Equally as relevant to the c7 footy crew

There’s something about him, there’s the lightning fast development, the on-field deeds, the ability to soar and clunk ripper grabs as well as do it on the ground etc, but what gets me about him the most is the sheer joy on his face and in his celebration when he kicks a goal, it’s just infectious!

Charlie Curnow is what happens. Dear developing alongside McCabe is going to be scary for years to come.

Well done Calsher you absolute STUD

Charlie Curnow is what happens. Dear developing alongside McCabe is going to be scary for years to come.

Well done Calsher you absolute STUD
Tbf Curnow's football IQ isn't one tenth of what Casher is producing on a weekly basis. And I'd argue Curnow doesn't make his small forward compatriots any better either. I'd honestly rather the aerial threat and predictability of Calsher right now than the mercurial (but erratic) output of Curnow

AF249E8C-0920-444E-A20B-498E0CBA7A9D.jpeg
Close enough…

Anyway, how bloody ridiculous is this? 19 years old, he is a new born in KPP age. He legitimately Lionel Messi’s a bloody goal last night. 3.4 for the night in an elimination final. Golly. I don’t think there is a world where Reid doesn’t go number 1 but we have somehow snagged the next best two with McCabe to come yet. It’s a legitimate rort! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

Will Ferrell Lol GIF

I’ve thought throughout the year that Weddle is the kid with the highest possible upside. Dear is making me reconsider that. He’s the one I really can’t believe how good he is and what’s most exciting is that he’s multi dimensional and can impact in many ways - beautiful contested mark, extremely competitive, can scrap opportunities at ground level and defends. His upside is huge

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn : Calsher Dear! Rising star nom!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back