Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn, Denver Grainger-Barras

Remove this Banner Ad

I suspect Denver struggles to concentrate on the field due to his secret off-field activity as a vigilante serial killer who hunts down murderers not adequately punished by the justice system due to corruption or legal technicalities

I suspect Denver struggles to concentrate on the field due to his secret off-field activity as a vigilante serial killer who hunts down murderers not adequately punished by the justice system due to corruption or legal technicalities
That blows my theory out of the water. Where in conception his mother farted at the wrong time, resulting in Denver’s occasional brain fart moments…

We have doctors and psychologists. I find it hard to imagine they would have missed what has become a pretty common condition.
It gets missed all the time. The tests to diagnose Neurodivergence are pathetically weak and people are routinely misdiagnosed and even medicated for personality disorders instead of adhd/asd etc. Particularly for women. For whatever reason, psychiatrists have a tendency to diagnose borderline personality disorder instead of autism in women. A lot of people get a correct diagnosis after their kids get diagnosed!

The tests rely on observations of behaviour by third parties (teachers and parents) but behaviour can/will be different in different contexts.

Edit: not to suggest denver does or doesnt have adhd or to suggest it is or isnt known to him or the club.

Rare footage of him in action…you can tell it is denver because of his red hair 😉

Ghost Rider Marvel GIF by Xbox

I am not sure if any people think DGB has ADHD ( from afar, I don't ) but I think it just morphed into a chat on ADHD, which is incredibly common and vastly underdiagnosed.
My best mate has been on anti-depressants since his teens, he's only just been diagnosed with ADHD. So basically, he's been on the wrong medication for most of his life.

I get all the frustrations with Denver but I genuinely believe he will come good. Probably wont reach the lofty expectations of a being a top 10 pick but I can see him becoming a reliable third tall playing a specific role. He will come good, I expect to see some really good signs next season provided he has a good preseason and run with injuries

He may come good, but I don't think it will be for us unfortunately.

He's 4 years in the system and the last defender picked when all are fit and available. Something drastic would need to happen or change IMO.

Time will tell.

I agree with Backhawk.

If we're talking about our pool of tall defenders, these guys are ahead of DGB:
Sicily, Frost, Blanck, Scrimshaw, Serong, Weddle (if he plays that role), and more than likely next year, Phillips and McCabe.
And you can probably add Josh Battle to that list.

There was some very pointed criticism of DGB this week in Zane Littlejohn's report.
He has 8 games to play in 2024 to salvage his spot on the list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree with Backhawk.

If we're talking about our pool of tall defenders, these guys are ahead of DGB:
Sicily, Frost, Blanck, Scrimshaw, Serong, Weddle (if he plays that role), and more than likely next year, Phillips and McCabe.
And you can probably add Josh Battle to that list.

There was some very pointed criticism of DGB this week in Zane Littlejohn's report.
He has 8 games to play in 2024 to salvage his spot on the list.
This is the nub of it for me. Unless he is injured he will have the opportunity to show growth at Box Hill. If he can't show growth around the same issues Littejohn criticises him for every match, then he would be lucky to be offered a contract from us.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back