Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn : Calsher Dear! Rising star nom!

Remove this Banner Ad

Nobody paying attention to spelling here? It's not D E E R the animal, it's D E A R as in expensive or a beloved person.

Nickname = Darling.
Best one yet, he is everyone’s Darling at the moment.

Have we had this much love for a first year player since Cyril?

Jeez he makes some silly mistakes but his best is really bloody good and far outweighs the bad.

Would have been easy for him to drop his head after fluffing that shot of Weddle’s but he cracked in harder and iced the game with that crunching tackle on Haynes to win the free kick. Super exciting kid

Saved the game with that huge tackle on the wing.

Yes he ****ed up on the goal line but I don't care. I want this kid leaping at everything.

He's got so much yet he's so far off the finished product. Super exciting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Chol and Dear, one of the more unlikely key forward duos of recent times, and not massive stats, but BIG impact.

Should only get better too…
The tallest pressure forward combo in the comp

is the goal line level with the back of the goal post padding? I thought it was in line with the middle of the goal post.

Love how he made up for that blue with the tackle at the end, he'll be so dangerous once he gets his set shots right.

People calling it a mistake to go for that mark on the line?

Weddle wasn't even expecting that to be a goal. And Calsh touched it behind the line - was pretty tightass of them to call it touched.

Awesome game.
Does not seem overawed by the game at all. Backs up his very forgivable mistakes with something good every single time.

Another game another goal. He'll cause a lot of headaches.

Calsher Dear is playing KPF as a first year. That alone is ridiculous.
He shows as much in his first year if not more than any of the highly touted KPF’s drafted in the last 5 years, including all the top-Enders, Cadman, the King brothers, Logan McDonald and any of the others. In 4 or 5 years , along with Darcy, he might be in top handful of the new breed of KPFs across the whole league. No idea why he wasn’t drafted earlier or touted as a top pick.

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn : Calsher Dear! Rising star nom!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back