Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn: Harry Morrison.

Remove this Banner Ad

FRINGE HAWK FORCED TO WAIT

Hawthorn survivor Harry Morrison will likely have to wait until after the season is finished to push his case for a new deal.
The fringe Hawk has played nine VFL games this year but has played the last two in the AFL side and notched his 100th senior game on Sunday.
Morrison, 25, has played more than 20 games twice and 15 or less in his other six seasons but coach Sam Mitchell has always valued his ability to run the right patterns and play any role.
He last signed a two-year extension in September of 2022 and told this masthead there was no genuine traction on a new deal.
“Not as yet,” he said.
“I just have to keep trying to play good footy and that will take care of itself.”
Morrison will be an unrestricted free agent at the end of this season, alongside teammates Chad Wingard, Cooper Stephens and veteran pair Luke Breust and Jack Gunston.
Having been forced to wait for a deal in past years, Morrison said he was comfortable focusing on Hawthorn’s finals push.
“There is always that pressure at this time of the year and guys out of contract but I just keep going back to doing what I can do and that is playing good footy,” he said.

Whether you thought he was lucky to play finals or deserved his spot, there is no doubting Harry Morrison has put together a run of very good footy.

For me - he stays in for the Port game

Well done Harry, you lifted and this is your reward.

Morrison always seemed to be the epitomy of the "needs to get to 100 games player" and he is now there. A pretty solid player now that probably skill looks a bit "vanilla" to some. Harry, if you are reading this (i assume so) you might want to think about changing the following things in order for you to take it to the next level
  • Think about an aggressive mohawk haircut. Maybe taxi driver?
  • Swing your arms more when you run so it appears you are running faster.
  • Socks up? Always worth a try.

Morrison always seemed to be the epitomy of the "needs to get to 100 games player" and he is now there. A pretty solid player now that probably skill looks a bit "vanilla" to some. Harry, if you are reading this (i assume so) you might want to think about changing the following things in order for you to take it to the next level
  • Think about an aggressive mohawk haircut. Maybe taxi driver?
  • Swing your arms more when you run so it appears you are running faster.
  • Socks up? Always worth a try.
I always get offended when people disparage Vanilla as a flavour.

I just don't think those things are Harry's style, he has a haircut you could set your atomic clock by!

Who doesnt like vanilla?
Ice Cream Dessert GIF

Actually Vanilla is a pretty good description for Harry, but not in a bad way.

Everyone has a tub of Vanilla Ice Cream in their freezer as it is a jack of all trades. You can have it by itself, use it for a milkshake, add it as a side for a dessert. It's easily the most versatile of flavours.

And that's what Harry is, a jack of all trades who does everything well without being particularly outstanding in any one thing.
Every club needs players like Harry to bring the final product together.

All this talk of ice cream makes we want a Oreo McFlurry by the way 🤤

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Actually Vanilla is a pretty good description for Harry, but not in a bad way.

Everyone has a tub of Vanilla Ice Cream in their freezer as it is a jack of all trades. You can have it by itself, use it for a milkshake, add it as a side for a dessert. It's easily the most versatile of flavours.

And that's what Harry is, a jack of all trades who does everything well without being particularly outstanding in any one thing.
Every club needs players like Harry to bring the final product together.

All this talk of ice cream makes we want a Oreo McFlurry by the way 🤤
Why don't you just get a Vanilla Sundae? My point is proven. Time for a haircut.

Question will be now will other clubs come at Harry with bigger $ and longer term offers after a couple of very solid final games?

Clarko especially loves Harry and he's probably right in the perfect age bracket to go to North.

I hope he stays though, he was really good last night. Just such a good user of the ball.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn: Harry Morrison.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back