Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn : Jack Ginnivan!

Remove this Banner Ad

Remember that we received an A-grade small for:
  • A 6 spot downgrade from 33 to 39 in 2023 (irrelevant due to McCabe)
  • Our 2024 third (currently Pick 46)
  • A 2024 second round upgrade from 28 to 26 which may get better
One of the all time trades.

Leigh Montagna says: “It’s an interesting one for me, we’ve spoken about where they’re at with their rebuild – and now they’ve gone and got someone who’s 32 years of age … (Chol) is another big risk for me for Hawthorn. There’s a reason he’s only played he’s 60 games in eight years. He’s inconsistent, a lot of people have seen his effort fluctuate, he’s a guy that can kick goals when the team is going really well. We talk about Gunston coming back at 32, we know Luke Breust is 33, Chad Wingard is 30 – now they’re bringing in a 27-year-old who I’m not sold on. I’m really curious to see what their play is with this trade period … The upside on some players. Particularly Chol and Ginnivan, we know the talent is there. It’s just a question of consistency and doing it week-in, week-out at AFL level at a team that’s probably still; a few years away from being a finals team. They went after Ben McKay and Esava Ratugolea and Liam Henry and didn’t land them and they lost Brockman, so it probably hasn’t been as successful as they would’ve liked. A bit of a hit and miss period for the Hawks.”

Stupidity Are You Stupid GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Leigh Montagna says: “It’s an interesting one for me, we’ve spoken about where they’re at with their rebuild – and now they’ve gone and got someone who’s 32 years of age … (Chol) is another big risk for me for Hawthorn. There’s a reason he’s only played he’s 60 games in eight years. He’s inconsistent, a lot of people have seen his effort fluctuate, he’s a guy that can kick goals when the team is going really well. We talk about Gunston coming back at 32, we know Luke Breust is 33, Chad Wingard is 30 – now they’re bringing in a 27-year-old who I’m not sold on. I’m really curious to see what their play is with this trade period … The upside on some players. Particularly Chol and Ginnivan, we know the talent is there. It’s just a question of consistency and doing it week-in, week-out at AFL level at a team that’s probably still; a few years away from being a finals team. They went after Ben McKay and Esava Ratugolea and Liam Henry and didn’t land them and they lost Brockman, so it probably hasn’t been as successful as they would’ve liked. A bit of a hit and miss period for the Hawks.”
It really does go to show, if these are the best experts on show, why would anyone listen to them?

The Ginnivan Trade:

Hawks get:
Jack Ginnivan
Pick 39 (used to get chol)
Collingwood's F2 (currently pick 24), Collingwood's F4 (currently pick 62)

Collingwood get:
Pick 33 (drafted tew jiath)
Hawthorn's F2 (currently pick 26)
Hawthorn's F3 (currently pick 44)

Draft Capital:
Hawthorn in: 1354 points
Collingwood in: 1654 points
Difference: +300 pts collingwood.

We had to give away the equivalent of pick 49 for ginnivan 🤯

If we finish any higher, or collingwood finish any lower, we will end up gaining more from this trade than collingwood did, regardless of Ginnivan. Shows how little collingwood valued him at their club.

Last edited:
The Ginnivan Trade:

Hawks get:
Jack Ginnivan
Pick 39 (used to get chol)
Collingwood's F2 (currently pick 24), Collingwood's F4 (currently pick 62)

Collingwood get:
Pick 33 (drafted tew jiath)
Hawthorn's F2 (currently pick 26)
Hawthorn's F3 (currently pick 44)

Draft Capital:
Hawthorn in: 1354 points
Collingwood in: 1654 points
Difference: 300 points in favour of collingwood.

We had to give away the equivalent of pick 49 for ginnivan 🤯

If we finish any higher, or collingwood finish any lower, we will end up gaining more from this trade than collingwood did, regardless of Ginnivan. Shows how little collingwood valued him at their club.

Thanks for the inspiration earthworms. 300 points counts for a lot at the bottom end of the draft.

If Pies finish 13th (which now seems likely), and we make finals (8th), we end up paying the equivalent of: Pick 64.

Win a final (6th) and its Pick 71
Make the Prelim (4th) and they paid us!

Thanks for the inspiration earthworms. 300 points counts for a lot at the bottom end of the draft.

If Pies finish 13th (which now seems likely), and we make finals (8th), we end up paying the equivalent of: Pick 64.

Win a final (6th) and its Pick 71
Make the Prelim (4th) and they paid us!
Collingwood play carlton, swans, lions, demons on the run home. Looking like good business

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn : Jack Ginnivan!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back