Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn : Jack Ginnivan!

Remove this Banner Ad

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but the Pies chose to trade him didn't they? I'm not sure he was pushing for one.
Yeah, they pushed him. He said as much in the post game with Triple M.

If you told me he would get back to his 'best' at the Hawks and kick 40+ goals at the start of the year i would have believed it.

I wouldn't have believed he would have this level of influence up the ground, his work rate and ability to impact the game outside 50 has been incredible to watch every week.

If you told me he would get back to his 'best' at the Hawks and kick 40+ goals at the start of the year i would have believed it.

I wouldn't have believed he would have this level of influence up the ground, his work rate and ability to impact the game outside 50 has been incredible to watch every week.
It's also the good vibes he seems to have brought with him too. Things like that has made our club loveable and must watch even to oppo supporters who've hated us in the past. The amount of comments I've seen online of people saying they absolutely hate the fact that they can't help but love watching us play. I wouldn't be surprised if some oppo fans jump on the bandwagon from other clubs now especially a lot of young kids.

It's also the good vibes he seems to have brought with him too. Things like that has made our club loveable and must watch even to oppo supporters who've hated us in the past. The amount of comments I've seen online of people saying they absolutely hate the fact that they can't help but love watching us play. I wouldn't be surprised if some oppo fans jump on the bandwagon from other clubs now especially a lot of young kids.
Imagine those little Bayside turds going for St Kilda seeing the shenanigans we're getting up to. We should be getting soooo many new fans wanted to be apart of us.

It's a great time to be a Hawk

Him sharing a locker alongside the Wiz is a worry! In a good way, of course, but bet Calsher and Magninness either side would be rolling their eyes at whatever those guys are up to

Him sharing a locker alongside the Wiz is a worry! In a good way, of course, but bet Calsher and Magninness either side would be rolling their eyes at whatever those guys are up to
Let's hope Ginni doesn't say to the Wiz that nothing beats playing for the club you barracked for as a kid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Post game, Ginni said how he, Wiz, Finn and CMac are all near each other and bounce off each other. Sounds like Finn joins in rather than keep them in check!

Was listening to Hodgey on SEN. He invited any Collingwood supporter who was at the game and booed Ginnivan to call in and chat about it.

A couple rang in and suggested Ginni should have shown more respect for a club that gifted him a premiership medal. Hodgey raised the point that Ginni didn't want to leave because he loved the club and the players, but the Pies forced him out. So no reason for too much respect, I guess.

He also refused to buy into Kane's 'what about our Hawks?' He responded Ýour Hawks, Kane. And muttered something about being seen to be biased.

Hodgey does try to be unbiased and gives a pretty good summation of what he sees. In the Hawks case, a really good defence. He is also happy to take up an argument with the so-called pundits such as King.

Love him.

Was listening to Hodgey on SEN. He invited any Collingwood supporter who was at the game and booed Ginnivan to call in and chat about it.

A couple rang in and suggested Ginni should have shown more respect for a club that gifted him a premiership medal. Hodgey raised the point that Ginni didn't want to leave because he loved the club and the players, but the Pies forced him out. So no reason for too much respect, I guess.

He also refused to buy into Kane's 'what about our Hawks?' He responded Ýour Hawks, Kane. And muttered something about being seen to be biased.

Hodgey does try to be unbiased and gives a pretty good summation of what he sees. In the Hawks case, a really good defence. He is also happy to take up an argument with the so-called pundits such as King.

Love him.
I noticed that comment about being seen biased. Someone must have thrown that accusation at him at sometime and he's now taking the neutral approach when it comes to discussing Hawks.

I noticed that comment about being seen biased. Someone must have thrown that accusation at him at sometime and he's now taking the neutral approach when it comes to discussing Hawks.
Maybe he should apply the same approach to Brisbane.

The upside is Jack has a fair bit of room for improvement on top of his good form. Getting loads of it and getting in dangerous spots, but still a few times streaming into our 50 hasn't kicked to advantage of free team mates leading etc. Also missed an easy snap and another soda of a set shot so he could have easily had a 30 possession 4 goal game. Strange, as I thought one of his big strengths at Pies was making most of his limited chances and nailing those shots but he's had some very gettable set shots this year. Pretty exciting he is playing so well given the scope for improvement in him.

Maybe he came here also means never having dimma play on him in a real game.
He seemed to only go for the head high stuff when he wasn’t winning his position

He has other opportunities to win his position now

The upside is Jack has a fair bit of room for improvement on top of his good form. Getting loads of it and getting in dangerous spots, but still a few times streaming into our 50 hasn't kicked to advantage of free team mates leading etc. Also missed an easy snap and another soda of a set shot so he could have easily had a 30 possession 4 goal game. Strange, as I thought one of his big strengths at Pies was making most of his limited chances and nailing those shots but he's had some very gettable set shots this year. Pretty exciting he is playing so well given the scope for improvement in him.
I don't know how you measure it (maybe as simple as kms covered), but I would imagine this is not strange - just that he's working so much harder that his body is more tired when taking the shot and he's not as composed/clean as he otherwise might be.

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn : Jack Ginnivan!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back