Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn : Jack Ginnivan!

Remove this Banner Ad

Robbo having a whinge about it on AFL360 too. So many people are missing the point or not reading the changerooms. This is the new Hawthorn, the new age, the will probably be the new AFL once other teams try to emulate Hawthorn - and they will. It’s not arrogance, it’s confidence. Arrogance is years away.

Forget the narrative Sam spouts to the media every week about one week at a time. Inside the 4 walls, there are no limits. Their eyes are on the prize and if Friday night showed anything, it showed exactly what they think of opponents who get in the way of that prize. This side strikes me as a team who doesn’t expect a win, it ensures it.

Port Adelaide won’t be inspired by Ginni’s words, they will fear them. Every battle is won before it is fought.

You can definitely strike a balance, though.

There's endless ways to relax/prepare for an Elimination Final that doesn't involve going to a busy Melbourne Pub and having a drink, i.e. having a drink at home.

Pubs are pretty much restaurants these days. It’s not like he’s dodging the spittoons etc

On the other hand, what would dermie have done with Twitter whe playing?

Was reportedly on the waters. There's a photo circulating of him holding either a pint or a scooner of something- looks like water refracting his brown jumper, but some think it looks like some kind of piss.
It was lemon lime and bitters.

Geez the media didn't learn their lesson last week about making a huge something out of nothing.

I swear if you heard Ginni say those words out loud you'd hear it for the throwaway joke it is. Cheeky lighthearted nothing.
Robbo the “journo” trying to make something out of nothing for cheap headlines (it’ll be his cheap headline tomorrow) and Adam Simpson, an ex AFL coach telling him he’s living in the past. Who do we respect?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When we recruited him we knew full well this is his personality . You can't say players should express themselves but then pull someone up when they do .
Some people don't like this stuff , some don't mind it while others think it's great .
He hasn't hurt anyone , he has juat put the acid and himself .......but it's a final anyway so the pressure should be there anyway.

It's like the celebrations, do that and you win it's great. Lose and you'll cop it . Oppo will take the pi55 if they beat you . I
The landscape between acceptable and what's not done has moved closer each year.
The modern player watches EPL , NFL , NBA etc . This was tame compared to those sports

If Port need that as motivation they are in massive strife as a team and a club

These fossils and I include ex players some of our own and the media are being left behind as the modern game and modern life is moving too fast for them and they can’t catch up and are clasping for something that is slipping out of their grasp and out of their control. In 5 years time they won’t even recognise the landscape anymore.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

When he announced himself to the AFL with a post game swag was Grundy with him? Sketchy memory is yes.

Youngsters use social media as communication, granted dms.

I am not often on Insta but a key person at HFC was in the fun of the conversation the other day, not a player.

We don’t know the being the scenes club discussions…

Not fussed, as long as the players don’t suffer. I guess not but who knows.

He is literally living his life and aiming for fun and happiness.

I am going to miss Gunston’s IQ. Ginni is a nice follow on. I like how I see him look unlikely yet turns in quality that any team can use.

Nothing in it. Move on. I don't get why port need extra motivation to win a ****ing final?
I seem to remember a few players comments about 6 games to go before the Richmond game and nobody got their panties in a bunch back then. Media hasn't got much to say these days, so they jump on every little thing and take it to the extreme.

When we recruited him we knew full well this is his personality . You can't say players should express themselves but then pull someone up when they do .
Some people don't like this stuff , some don't mind it while others think it's great .
He hasn't hurt anyone , he has juat put the acid and himself .......but it's a final anyway so the pressure should be there anyway.

It's like the celebrations, do that and you win it's great. Lose and you'll cop it . Oppo will take the pi55 if they beat you . I
The landscape between acceptable and what's not done has moved closer each year.
The modern player watches EPL , NFL , NBA etc . This was tame compared to those sports

They’re in massive strife regardless. The worst top 4 side in the last 10 years

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn : Jack Ginnivan!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back