Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn : Jack Ginnivan!

Remove this Banner Ad

What another overreaction.
1. Our players have been asked multiple times if they think we can win the premiership, to which I have heard ‘why not’ consistently. To do that we need to beat Port, so all he has done is answer a repeated media question in a different way.
2. All players across both teams would think they will win this game and will be playing Sydney in the prelim. If port players get asked this week whether they can win the game and say yes, that is not being disrespectful

I don't like players drinking especially not during the season.

However a single beer...
it was a lemon, lime and bitters

But, if it WAS beer.... not even a single one the night before, particularly a pint.

It IS a toxin.

He might not feel it just walking around, but it would have some affect on peak elite physical performance for a while after.

Not worth it within 24 hours.

Ive been thinking about who Ginni reminds me the most of in a wider sporting sense and it struck me that when he's up and about there's a lot of Shane Warne about him. A lot

And The King could back it up like no other. If Ginni can follow in his footsteps then we are in good hands.

This one affects the team and not just himself. Poor by Ginnivan. You never ever give the opposition coach something they can use as motivation. Thought he was smarter than that

Larry Bird would notoriously taunt rival players/teams and would subsequently bury them.

It’s Jack being Jack and we love him for it.
That said I don’t think it’s helpful. The port players (and crowd, gawd help him, he may have to dodge bottles of piss lol) will be into him from the get go.
The interesting response (and the only one that really matters), is Sammy’s.
Wonder how he’ll play it.

Everyone is motivated differently. Hodgey has got it done for 4 flags now so I wouldn’t be calling his finals takes brain dead but that’s me.
Hodge doesn't know what an adjective is. Not everything he says is gospel. Brilliant on the footy field. But the absolute truth is, if you need external stimulus to motivate you for a sudden death final, I'm happy for Ginni to provide that service, because that's just primary school stuff.

The most alcohol in bitters. Is 0.00001

It is very minuscule. There would be more alcohol in a bottle of metho than a bottle of bitters.
Given that Metho is 95% alcohol that's a given.

That said I don’t think it’s helpful. The port players (and crowd, gawd help him, he may have to dodge bottles of piss lol) will be into him from the get go.
What if it gives them a bit of white line fever and they deck him off ball and we get a shot at goal for it? This "motivation" from taunting thing goes both ways

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I imagine much the same as Simmo on 360 last night - basically it's just 2 old team mates doing a bit of banter on freakin social media, gigantic nothing-burger.

They think that will be a distraction, my god imagine if they saw some of the stuff the GWS SM team in particular do leading up to a game!

IT IS ALL FUN!

This one affects the team and not just himself. Poor by Ginnivan. You never ever give the opposition coach something they can use as motivation. Thought he was smarter than that
Please...... if Port needs this as motivation then they are truly on their knees with a lack of motivation.

Please...... if Port needs this as motivation then they are truly on their knees with a lack of motivation.
Agree. Would take an insipid individual, let alone a full team of professional athletes, to be motivated in a cut throat final by a smart arse tweet. Port will be motivated by winning and keeping their season alive and by pride after their humiliation last week. As far as impacting on Port or Ginnivan's teammates, this is just noise. The only individual it potentially impacts on is Ginnivan himself with the attention and that this might trigger more hostility from the Port crowd. So it's just a matter of him walking the walk, and nothing more.

Port fans have booed their coach off the ground this year - I doubt Ginni is anywhere near the top of their list of things to get angry about this week.

Lets ride the revolution. Personally I wish Sam would come out and logically explain Jack's statement i.e. "We are going all the way so we have to play Sydney in 2 weeks". If something is in need of fresh air it's the AFL. I've already booked for Sydney, reckon Hawthorn has too. Might even book a room in the city for GF weekend. If we didn't aim for the stars we would still be rubbing sticks together to start a fire.

Couldn't you argue it the other way around in that it just shows you how much confidence he has in his team to post that comment?
Prior to the 2021 Super Bowl, Tom Brady posted on a group chat to his teammates that they will win against the Kansas City Chiefs the next day and his teammates said it really helped to instill confidence in them.

As for it providing extra ammunition to the Power, I didn't think a team would need anymore motivation than giving a better performance after being embarrassed at home in a qualifying final by 85 points.

So you’re saying that Port will be motivated by a Hawthorn player expecting/wanting to win this week?

What sort of club would need that to inspire them, particularly after an 84pt mauling at home.

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn : Jack Ginnivan!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back