Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn : Jack Ginnivan!

Remove this Banner Ad

If we loose to Port more than just Ginni will have had poor games. The tweet however will not influence the outcome at all. Just a bit of banter between x team mates albeit it on a public platform.

lol Ginni runs the game
He's the kind of bloke who should actually be getting the ambassadors cash. Raising the league profile pretty well.
I'm just glad he's our clown. In honesty, how long does that kind of rev up really give an oppo team? 30 seconds whilst they rough him up before the bounce and potentially give away a free? It's so overblown.

So you’re saying that Port will be motivated by a Hawthorn player expecting/wanting to win this week?

What sort of club would need that to inspire them, particularly after an 84pt mauling at home.

Last time we played Port, Ginni had 3 possessions 1 Turnover in the last quarter when the game had to be won.

Hopefully he uses this "confidence" to play a bit better when the game is hot :thumbsu:

Last time we played Port, Ginni had 3 possessions 1 Turnover in the last quarter when the game had to be won.

Hopefully he uses this "confidence" to play a bit better when the game is hot :thumbsu:

Way to get behind one of our players.
Confused Vince Vaughn GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

Bit hard for a forward to impact a game when it's down the other end 99% of the time.

He's the kind of bloke who should actually be getting the ambassadors cash. Raising the league profile pretty well.
I'm just glad he's our clown. In honesty, how long does that kind of rev up really give an oppo team? 30 seconds whilst they rough him up before the bounce and potentially give away a free? It's so overblown.

Ginny long game drawing a few I50 frees?

There's one question I'd like to ask the media muppets who are criticising Ginni:
Do you think Glenn McGrath was ever being "disrespectful" to England when he routinely tipped Australia to win 5-0 in each and every Ashes series - even during the time when he himself was playing?

The answer: No, even English folk - and I know a few - realised he was just "trolling", to use the modern parlance. It had nothing to do with being disrespectful.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's one question I'd like to ask the media muppets who are criticising Ginni:
Do you think Glenn McGrath was ever being "disrespectful" to England when he routinely tipped Australia to win 5-0 in each and every Ashes series - even during the time when he himself was playing?

The answer: No, even English folk - and I know a few - realised he was just "trolling" being factual, to use the modern parlance. It had nothing to do with being disrespectful.
Fixed.

Grampa Simpson Grandpa GIF by MOODMAN

☝☝ Paul Roos ABC Interview

"This is their first final and they're a really good footy club. Pull your head in, Jack. This is a team sport, this is not about Jack Ginnivan.

"This is a footy club that everyone loves watching play and they're tough and they've got a great system. Don't spoil it for your teammates.

"That is up on the board at Port every time the players walk in this week. Does it make a difference? I don't know, maybe, maybe not, but it's just unnecessary. It just smacks of 'I, I, I, I' not 'team, team, team, team'.

"I would raise it, absolutely. He would've been in my office the next morning whatever time training started."

Roos believes comments such as Ginnivan's is a danger to the AFL's team-oriented culture.

The Hawks have defended Ginnivan's behaviour but Roos is not convinced that Mitchell is OK with the special attention.

"Sam Mitchell would be fuming, absolutely fuming," he told the ABC's AFL Daily podcast.

"This is their first final and they're a really good footy club. Pull your head in, Jack. This is a team sport, this is not about Jack Ginnivan.

"This is a footy club that everyone loves watching play and they're tough and they've got a great system. Don't spoil it for your teammates.

"That is up on the board at Port every time the players walk in this week. Does it make a difference? I don't know, maybe, maybe not, but it's just unnecessary. It just smacks of 'I, I, I, I' not 'team, team, team, team'.

"I would raise it, absolutely. He would've been in my office the next morning whatever time training started."

Roos believes comments such as Ginnivan's is a danger to the AFL's team-oriented culture.

The Hawks have defended Ginnivan's behaviour but Roos is not convinced that Mitchell is OK with the special attention.

"Sam Mitchell would be fuming, absolutely fuming," he told the ABC's AFL Daily podcast.

I just wish someone who's able to, e.g. the ABC person interviewing Roos in this instance, would ask a follow-up question comparing this with McGrath's multiple 5-0 Ashes predictions.

I don't recall anyone in the (Australian) media ever suggesting that McGrath's comments were either disrespectful to England or detrimental to the Australian Test squad's "team-oriented culture" or would, in any way, fire up England to perform better.

The sheer hypocrisy highlighted in the vast difference between the media's reaction to McGrath's and Ginni's equally playful trolling is mind-boggling.

Edit: There's another striking similarity between McGrath and Ginni - the both play(ed) in very good, confident teams that believed in their own abilities.

Last edited:

He puts the fig in the jam.

I just wish someone who's able to, e.g. the ABC person interviewing Roos in this instance, would ask a follow-up question comparing this with McGrath's multiple 5-0 Ashes predictions.

I don't recall anyone in the (Australian) media ever suggesting that McGrath's comments were either disrespectful to England or detrimental to the Australian Test squad's "team-oriented culture" or would, in any way, fire up England to perform better.

The sheer hypocrisy highlighted in the vast difference between the media's reaction to McGrath's and Ginni's equally playful trolling is mind-boggling.

Edit: There's another striking similarity between McGrath and Ginni - the both play(ed) in very good, confident teams that believed in their own abilities.
And both do the 1 per centers beautifully that make them so good. Ginnivan will channel the outrage to tackle harder and chase more fanatically. It's exactly where we want him.

Paul Roos has absolutely zero right to speak on behalf of Sam Mitchell because Sam Mitchell isn’t a complete shitcampaigner of a human being.

Clearly Ginni needs to take cues on being humble from Roos - just check out the understated synopsis of Roos’ book:

Paul Roos is a leader, a legend, an AFL icon. As a first-rate player, premiership-winning coach and in-demand commentator, Roos has achieved extraordinary success over more than thirty years in footy.

Honestly, there’s not a single more self-important, narcissistic piece of shit in the game than Roos. He can take his advice and shove it next to the giant stick that’s up his arse.

Just a friendly reminder that Roos has a single solitary flag to his name as a player and coach - he’s the biggest myth going round.

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn : Jack Ginnivan!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back