Ultimate Glory Welcome to Hawthorn, Jaeger O'Meara

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to the AFL website and the Age's report on the final day, Hawthorn traded in Carlton's future second. That then allowed us to trade away our own future second which we did to GC.

I have read and heard conflicting reports about this mind you so I'm not 100% on what actually happened. I'm pretty sure we hold someone's 2017 second rounder, though, and most importantly JOM.

It's odd as I can't find the official rules about future trading (link anyone who can?) but nothing I find mentions anything about being able to trade out a pick from a round if you have another pick.
And while everything I read says we gave up our 2nd rounder, the screenshot AFL.com put up says (ontraded) after the future second round pick.
42955c47-9f5c-4d23-af67-d1c66a488d4a_400.jpeg

Oh well, I suppose it's only 1 spot difference when we beat GWS in the GF.

Hoping you guys can help me. Im trying to work out when we stopped being cheap arseholes who were trying to rip off GCS - and we should have just shut up and met all their crazy demands, and when we started being the stupid club who paid massive overs for a guy who wont play well.

Im going with 1.59pm today.

Thoughts?

Went through at 1.55pm. Took the cretins 4 minutes?

"There are no hard feelings for the Suns, not even outspoken, tough-talking chairman Tony Cochrane."

How ******* dumb is this Landsberger campaigner?

Heard they're making a follow up to Dumb and Dumber called Dumber and The Dumbest staring their chairman in the leading role.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

told you blokes the deal would be done and that the afl would ''get'' someone else in to make it happen. good luck to jom and hopefully you never have to trade for a sun again

It's odd as I can't find the official rules about future trading (link anyone who can?) but nothing I find mentions anything about being able to trade out a pick from a round if you have another pick.
And while everything I read says we gave up our 2nd rounder, the screenshot AFL.com put up says (ontraded) after the future second round pick.
42955c47-9f5c-4d23-af67-d1c66a488d4a_400.jpeg
t
Oh well, I suppose it's only 1 spot difference when we beat GWS in the GF.

I wouldn't put it past the AFL to keep it opaque for 11 months.
Then to announce that GCS has whichever is earlier

I love them both equally! Clarko will have to opt for dual captains. (Pssst...I still love you too Cyril) Hope my girlfriend doesn't see this.
I don't have a girlfriend or wife, but I know a woman who would be extremely upset to find this out.

Last edited:
After watching his video on the Hawthorn website...you can't be nothing but impressed. The kid will be an absolute star! Will Captain this club in 3-4 years time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back