Ultimate Glory Welcome to Hawthorn, Jaeger O'Meara

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok everyone calm down.

This was all being said at the start of the year... he had close to 40 against the crows at the G and we were talking him up like we had the greatest recruit of all time and a week later it was being said his career may be over!!!!

Let's see how he recovers but please everyone just keep calm and let him play the season out at Box Hill.

Saw a Bomber on the main board saying that his return wasn't very impressive...peak Bigfooty.

You just knew there would have to be someone who would want to bring his return down a few pegs.

It's been an interesting 12 months on here regarding JOM.

Bigfooty in July 2016: JOM is a gun, it's so good to see him back playing with the Suns' seconds.

Bigfooty in August: If JOM is going anywhere it won't be to Hawthorn!

Bigfooty in September: JOM might want to join Hawthorn but they've still got to get the trade done, and they'll need to trade Gunston or Bruest and a first rounder!

Bigfooty in October: JOM might have got to Hawthorn but he's still got to play yet!

Bigfooty in February: JOM might be playing, but he had more handballs than kicks! HUZZAH!

Bigfooty in April: JOM IS INJURED, HE IS A TRADE BUST!

Bigfooty in June: JOM will be lucky to play again. What a disaster!

Bigfooty in July: JOM is doing a training block? This is obviously a lie.

Bigfooty in August: JOM might have collected 29 disposals, 3 goals and 8 tackles in 3 quarters of football but it's not that impressive.

Can't wait for the next chapter of #anyonebutHawthorn.

Ok everyone calm down.

This was all being said at the start of the year... he had close to 40 against the crows at the G and we were talking him up like we had the greatest recruit of all time and a week later it was being said his career may be over!!!!

Let's see how he recovers but please everyone just keep calm and let him play the season out at Box Hill.
Only by chicken littles, it must be said.

Jaeger and Mitchell have a lot in common about the way they play. Jaeger is much more of a predominantly inside mid than I thought when we got him; his reading of the ball off the ruck is elite.

Watching him rove to Pitto was a glimpse of the future. Pitto could really be something!

Saw a Bomber on the main board saying that his return wasn't very impressive...peak Bigfooty.

You just knew there would have to be someone who would want to bring his return down a few pegs.

Bigfooty in July 2016: JOM is a gun, it's so good to see him back playing with the Suns' seconds.

Bigfooty in September: JOM might want to join Hawthorn but they've still got to get the trade done, and they'll need to trade Gunston or Bruest and a first rounder!

Bigfooty in October: JOM might have got to Hawthorn but he's still got to play yet!

Bigfooty in February: JOM might be playing, but he had more handballs than kicks! HUZZAH!

Bigfooty in August: JOM might have collected 29 disposals, 3 goals and 8 tackles in 3 quarters of football but it's not that impressive.

JOM in September 2018= he may have won the premiership, norm Smith and a brownLow but still isn't worth the draft picks hawthorn gave up for him.

Ok everyone calm down.

We had every reason to talk him up - 36 touches touches despite being obviously rusty is worth getting pumped over. (I mean if that doesn't, what will?)

The fact he got bone bruising, a collision injury, a couple of weeks later doesn't mean it was stupid to get excited.

He's done the rehab, he's on the way back. 29 touches and 3 goals in 3/4 footy. That's what we want.

If he looked puffed out all game and got 20 touches for the match most of us would have been pretty pleased. His performance just reinforces how much talent he's got.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good god, I pray for my mrs tonight(for 1.30mins)after replaying that game.
FYI I saw Lovell just short of half time go over the boundary line with his arm stretched out infront of himself and got up holding his shoulder. Didn't see him again after the throw in, not sure it's his ankle!!!
He was going well too

Could we extrapolate these highs, and lows,

to one day include a "Norm Smith Medal" ?

Best post in Bigfooty history

First run back after a long spell. Hopefully he pulls up well and we can look forward to planning for future races. Uh I mean games.

Jaeger and Mitchell have a lot in common about the way they play. Jaeger is much more of a predominantly inside mid than I thought when we got him; his reading of the ball off the ruck is elite.

Watching him rove to Pitto was a glimpse of the future. Pitto could really be something!

Pitto is something. When it comes time to re - sign I predict the same type of discussion as in the James Sicily thread.

How was his pace, did he show his previous burst of acceleration at all?

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

He didn't show speed in the I Smith sense. He showed strength in the contest and elite footy brain to get out of packs or feed team mates. It was a highly contested/high tackle game (even for AFL). And he was tagged most of the game.... umpires game him a number of free kicks for being held at clearances.

Honestly he convinced me that if he never gets back elite pace that he will still be a very very good mid. If he does get back outside speed then.... blank cheque!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back