Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn: Jai Serong! Pick 52, 2021 National Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Thought he may have been a chance this week as pies forwards aren’t monsters - mihochek or Johnson would have been decent matchups for him.

With box hill having a bye this week hard for players to push for a call up next week.

Don’t be - suffered a cardiac event which meant he pretty much couldn’t do any exercise for a significant period of time. Of course you would put in weight. Just hope he has made a full recovery which does look likely
You Dont Get It Over Your Head GIF

Sorry mate. But…

If Serong can keep improving his game as a defender in the VFL, there’s a good chance he could push for a spot in the best 22 next year at centre half back. With his size and athleticism he could prove to be a valuable asset. There’s definitely a spot for him. I believe he’s on the verge of signing a new deal.

If Serong can keep improving his game as a defender in the VFL, there’s a good chance he could push for a spot in the best 22 next year at centre half back. With his size and athleticism he could prove to be a valuable asset. There’s definitely a spot for him. I believe he’s on the verge of signing a new deal.
Yep. He's been great (and consistent) at Box Hill in his role as defending against his opponent and then being involved offensively.
Want to see how he goes in the 1's doing this.

Box Hill fell to a fourth loss on the season on Saturday, going down to an in-form Footscray by 20 points.​

Jai Serong (16 disposals, 5 marks, 3 tackles)

"Jai started the game pretty slow, but worked his way into it really nicely and was able to have great impact and influence on the game. He showed an ability to win his own ball and move the ball. He also showed some great defensive efforts, and went to press at times. He has really learned the defensive role really well and has a nice balance between defending and getting involved in Hawks ball as well. So another solid performance from Jai after a slow start."

Box Hill fell to a fourth loss on the season on Saturday, going down to an in-form Footscray by 20 points.​

Jai Serong (16 disposals, 5 marks, 3 tackles)

"Jai started the game pretty slow, but worked his way into it really nicely and was able to have great impact and influence on the game. He showed an ability to win his own ball and move the ball. He also showed some great defensive efforts, and went to press at times. He has really learned the defensive role really well and has a nice balance between defending and getting involved in Hawks ball as well. So another solid performance from Jai after a slow start."
I've heard Sicily is a touch sore this week - Jai seems well positioned to come in this week if Sicily needs a week off. Seems to have had a very consistent 4-6 weeks.

Hopefully he does sign soon I’d like to see us go after his brother one day bring I’m home also.

I feel Jai could hold CHB in 2024. Check out the size of his dad, another pre season should see him fill out and be able to hold his own in a contest.

He could very well be the final piece of the puzzle as part of the back six. Weddle can move up the ground next year & Frost should only be depth.

B: Hardwick, Blanck, Jiath

HB: Scrimshaw, Serong, Sicily

He could very well be the final piece of the puzzle as part of the back six. Weddle can move up the ground next year & Frost should only be depth.

It will be interesting how our back line comes together next year. Sic and Dimma are the only locks at this point.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It will be interesting how our back line comes together next year. Sic and Dimma are the only locks at this point.

I think Blanck is a lock. His spoil in the 2 on 1 with back to the flight of the ball was Gibboesque.

I think Blanck is a lock. His spoil in the 2 on 1 with back to the flight of the ball was Gibboesque.
I don’t think Blanck is an absolute lock like Sic and Dimma, but I think he is close and there’s a lot of improvement left in him which is exciting.

I think it may be to tall apart from Hardwick who is ok not sure we have those lock down defenders.

I wouldn't forget Seamus Mitchell either. Competition for spots next year is going to be hot.

Perhaps I'm the only one, but I just don't see it with Serong.
You aren’t the only one but I think you are in the minority.

I don’t think he’ll be a star, but I think he’ll be serviceable.

Since playing back he reminds me of Ray Jencke

Remove this Banner Ad

Back