Universal Love Welcome to Hawthorn: Jarman Impey extends to 2026!

Remove this Banner Ad

Everyone loves his runs, his courageous acts in the air, his general flair. But his one on one work and defensive stuff has been awesome, has been given roles most weeks and does it whilst being able to exploit them the other way. Makes it easier on Amon sometimes aswell, and means Hardwick can focus on his role too knowing Jarman is doing his.

Last edited:
Impey is one of the original D50 bounce brothers. When he went to half back he had a breakout period before the knee, he was part of the group that set the tone for our the attacking side that we've become. It looked like he might have lost a lot of agility after his knee injury. But to his eternal credit, he worked himself back to where he'd left off. You just except him to tear off his man and launch us down the park now; as you expect him to mark overhead with contact coming from all points of the compass. He's tough, physically imposing despite his side, and loves the club like we all do.

Impey is one of the original D50 bounce brothers. When he went to half back he had a breakout period before the knee, he was part of the group that set the tone for our the attacking side that we've become. It looked like he might have lost a lot of agility after his knee injury. But to his eternal credit, he worked himself back to where he'd left off. You just except him to tear off his man and launch us down the park now; as you expect him to mark overhead with contact coming from all points of the compass. He's tough, physically imposing despite his side, and loves the club like we all do.
He's having a cracking year & yes I thought he couldn't recapture his exceptional form pre his knee injury. Buy here he is doing some great work & contributing in such a complimentary way to the team.

How good has this guys last 2 months of football been. Post knee injury it's been easy for some to forget how much of a sky walker he is with the way he plays the game but he seems to have found that part of his game again. It's so awesome to see him sky for marks again because it makes him seem bigger than he actually is.

Kudos to you Jars you've been absolutely phenomenal this season

He's in career best. AA form.

18 months ago I didn't believe he could find his way back. I questioned his professionalism and want to to get his body right to even give himself the chance.
I've never been more wrong.
This last half season I don't know I've seen a better patch of intercept marking and hard running off the half back flank by a Hawthorn HBFer. Harder, braver, more electric, creating opportunity for his team over and over again.
Absolutely sublime.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

18 months ago I didn't believe he could find his way back. I questioned his professionalism and want to to get his body right to even give himself the chance.
I've never been more wrong.
This last half season I don't know I've seen a better patch of intercept marking and hard running off the half back flank by a Hawthorn HBFer. Harder, braver, more electric, creating opportunity for his team over and over again.
Absolutely sublime.

Takes a good person to admit their wrongs publicly - heart and soul post for a heart and soul player.

Remove this Banner Ad

Universal Love Welcome to Hawthorn: Jarman Impey extends to 2026!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back