News Welcome to Hawthorn Jon Patton : Retired

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t understand the posting in this thread.
It seems that Patton has been tried, convicted and sentenced by the power of social media?

There may be some material for the defamation lawyers here!

What's the connection?
More tongue in cheek comment. Richmond are an extremely protected club in terms of media coverage, look at the most recent strip club debacle - if that was any other club excluding essendon, there'd be shitflinging about not only the covid breach, but disrespect towards women etc.
Media don't care about the truth, they care about headlines

If it's been reported to police then that may be why there is nothing in the media at the moment. It's likely being investigated.
Media don't care about letting due course take place. They would simply post innuendo like "current hawthorn player who played interstate and is a former #1 pick being investigated"

Disappointing to hear about these allegations. This type of behavior can cause long-term damage to the culture of the club if it is not dealt with appropriately.

Disappointing to hear about these allegations. This type of behavior can cause long-term damage to the culture of the club if it is not dealt with appropriately.
Totally agree and apparently he left training yesterday very upset having been held to account. At 600k a year he needs to turn things around urgently.

Totally agree and apparently he left training yesterday very upset having been held to account. At 600k a year he needs to turn things around urgently.
Thanks for sharing that. I'm sure more information will eventually surface and be made official over the coming weeks.

I don’t know if the allegations are true or not but I know he didn’t leave training early or looking upset. As always, he was happy to have a quick chat before heading to his car. My experience with him is that he is very approachable and always has time for supporters that are at training, especially the kids. He may have another side to him but I don’t think he should be hung, drawn and quartered until something is actually confirmed. If confirmed, sure, throw the book at him. Until then, I think he deserves the benefit of the doubt.

I don’t know if the allegations are true or not but I know he didn’t leave training early or looking upset. As always, he was happy to have a quick chat before heading to his car. My experience with him is that he is very approachable and always has time for supporters that are at training, especially the kids. He may have another side to him but I don’t think he should be hung, drawn and quartered until something is actually confirmed. If confirmed, sure, throw the book at him. Until then, I think he deserves the benefit of the doubt.
Well I’m confused :think:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If

100%, 😥. And as for 350k a year god save us, I suppose scullys on 200 not 5? It amazes me how many think every deal we do is A1 and we have cap room to burn, delusional.

It's all good, at least 1 only have 1 more year of Scully and 2 of Patton and then it can all be over.

I’m almost certain their would be a clause in contracts that could force termination of an incident that was proven true occured. Whether it gets to that or not it’s clearly a wake up call that’s sorely needed

But wait, there's more...

https://wwos.nine.com.au/afl/jonath...egations/d5d1012d-2df0-4a14-b581-d7ff739cf5b8

Hawthorn star Jonathon Patton under investigation after allegedly sending lewd images to a woman

What a bunch of dicks.
Yeah, not the greatest advertisement for Hawthorn fans when other board’s posters or the media visit to get an overview of the responses to the news.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back