News Welcome to Hawthorn Jon Patton : Retired

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not that it really matters, but I was just saying that clubs (and the AFL and businesses and churches and ...) can't and shouldn't investigate potentially criminal matters. I mean, they can't publicly say they are doing nothing when asked about it, but there isn't much the club can actually do.
Yes if there is a police investigation you stand aside and let them do their job

Not that it really matters, but I was just saying that clubs (and the AFL and businesses and churches and ...) can't and shouldn't investigate potentially criminal matters. I mean, they can't publicly say they are doing nothing when asked about it, but there isn't much the club can actually do.
Ah, gotcha.

Certainly not in a criminal sense - in fact - can muddy the waters for criminal investigators following up...

But those organisations have internal standards as well & IMO should definitely be investigating breaches of those. The club can sack a guy on the outcome of an investigation (& have) - I think that's doing something.

Ah, gotcha.

Certainly not in a criminal sense - in fact - can must the waters for criminal investigators following up...

But those organisations have internal standards as well & IMO should definitely be investigating breaches of those. The club can sack a guy on the outcome of an investigation (& have) - I think that's doing something.

Yeah I have worked for an organisation where a senior staffer was accused of doing something illegal, for years, with multiple complaints, all sackworthy if true. It was kept inhouse, investigated internally ... and swept under the rug.

J2S, not that simple. As an AFL player he has a responsibility to his club through his actions and sadly the Hawks will be implicated.

The club can't monitor or be in control of what players do 24/7, they need to be trusted to act responsibly. When they step out of line then the club needs to punish the players.

Do we actually know it's him? ( I haven't seen the pics) anyone can change a contact in their phone and make fake texts with a mate

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
Pretty sure club would be a lot more proactive if it were a clear case of Photoshopped fraud & Patton was the victim

Can someone some up exactly what the accusations are? A few people calling for him to be immediately sacked, which may well be appropriate but what has he done?

Lewd image? So dick pick? Unwanted to a stranger?

Do we actually know it's him? ( I haven't seen the pics) anyone can change a contact in their phone and make fake texts with a mate

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Was via Instagram so unless he has been hacked, it's him. Seems to be a few instances as well, not just a once off.

Lewd image?
So dick pick?
Unwanted to a stranger?

Yes
Yes
Unwanted but not to a stranger it seems

Bloody hell.

The level of priggishness in this thread is through the roof.

Even if 100% true and with the full story known and revealing no extenuating circumstances AND also proven beyond a shadow of a doubt its the type of behavior that should get you a ban from a chat forum not sacked from a footy club ffs.

We have footy players that have sexually assaulted, bashed and killed women that are respected media personalities and pushing for official elevation to legends of the game.

Bloody hell.

Even if 100% true and with the full story known and revealing no extenuating circumstances AND also proven beyond a shadow of a doubt its the type of behavior that should get you a ban from a chat forum not sacked from a footy club ffs.

We have footy players that have sexually assaulted, bashed and killed women that are respected media personalities and pushing for official elevation to legends of the game.
Nah - its shit behaviour and belies a disrespect for women that falls well short of the standards we should have as a club. If true, I’d prefer not to see him in brown and gold.

Bloody hell.

I really annoys me this part. Media seem to have a very short memory when is suits them. As for elevation to legend status... That is another topic.

We get side tracked though... In regards to Patton. Let the review happen before you cast judgement. It could just as easily end up being a revenge thing against Patton (therefore he being the victim) as it could be Patton being guilty of the alleged allegations.

I feel regardless of the outcome a lot of clubs will re-run education sessions on the topic (my memory they are taught it when they first enter the system?).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah - its sh*t behaviour and belies a disrespect for women that falls well short of the standards we should have as a club. If true, I’d prefer not to see him in brown and gold.
I agree its far from genteel conduct and hes obviously a ****wit but just because hes also a footballer doesn't mean it should be everyones business.

He isn't a criminal (and before anyone pipes up with "waaaaah harrasment!" The cops are going to be bloody busy chasing down 16 billion other similar crimes involving this bloke...
Screenshot_20210110-013240_Chrome.jpg
and thats just in week 1 of lockdown).

Im sceptical as well that the general tone might be a little different if he kicked 70 goals for us last year.

Not sure it's enough for that.

I'll call it that he survives. And is on thin ice, last warning etc.

If he can't get on the park this year/ form drops off, I reckon they'll be looking for reasons to end it come seasons end.
I agree.
“Patto, we will make this go away. If you break down again you may need to call it mid season for us to pick up a player in the mid season draft and we pay you out for this season with you retiring at the end of the year anyway”

Well I hope the AFL refuses our application for a women’s team for an insipid response to such allegations

I will take it a step further & ask our VFLW team publically distance themselves from the HFC..and come out and slam them for their actions or lack there of
That’s going a bit far mate. 1 player doesn’t make a club. There are plenty of grubs that have done worse that are still in the system.
This will be forgotten by the time the season starts

I'm of the opinion that this is a very good example case of 'been sent for education' on the topic of respect and appropriate behaviour.

Not worth ripping up a blokes contract.

Not something that can be ignored and action needs to be taken.

I'd be inclined to think a small suspension would be appropriate if it was during the season. Not sure what the outcome will be considering the timing of the incident.

I'm of the opinion that this is a very good example case of 'been sent for education' on the topic of respect and appropriate behaviour.

Not worth ripping up a blokes contract.

Not something that can be ignored and action needs to be taken.

I'd be inclined to think a small suspension would be appropriate if it was during the season. Not sure what the outcome will be considering the timing of the incident.

Agreed. Unless there is a lot more to it. I'm sure the club is investigating and doesn't want to rush to a conclusion or hasty judgement.

Well I hope the AFL refuses our application for a women’s team for an insipid response to such allegations

I will take it a step further & ask our VFLW team publically distance themselves from the HFC..and come out and slam them for their actions or lack there of

You're actually going to do this???

I hope you know the complete details of what took place, inside & out, before you take such actions. Clear understanding of the incidents and punishments would be wise, before proceeding.

Has HFC fully concluded dealing with the matter?

Wonder whether some are just wanting the maximum penalty, sacking, as they want the guy moved on? If it were a star player, would the same thoughts come out?
Probably not, but the latter would be the wrong position, not the former. Wrongs get overlooked for superstars when they shouldn’t. But that doesn’t mean wrongs should be overlooked for battlers. The issue is in seeing the likes of De Goey held to account rather than exonerating ordinary players.

If Patton flashed women in the street he’d be criminally charged. I don’t really see the difference. He’s 27. Education isn’t the issue, he’d know it’s unacceptable, he’d just think he’s bullet proof and entitled as a footballer and alpha male so he does it anyway. He should be booted.

Bloody hell.

Implying murder? Not so sure. But it is sad that I easily believe hawthorn players (past probably) have assaulted and bashed women

Wonder whether some are just wanting the maximum penalty, sacking, as they want the guy moved on? If it were a star player, would the same thoughts come out?

Yep. Can’t say I warmed to him or saw the need for him as a player. It is fast becoming the worst case, managing the cap up to 95%

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back