News Welcome to Hawthorn Jon Patton : Retired

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the girls got these messages 2 years ago and only now comes out and complains? Can’t help but think she was okay with them back then but after girls started complaining she decided to hop on the train/looking for a payout. If it was that bad wouldn’t you file a complaint the day it happened? Just to be clear I am not excusing/defending Patton at all , bloke seems like a grub.
Strength in numbers my dude- who's to say she was too scared to come out until now because she was worried she'd face the backlash alone? For all we know she could have been struggling with this for the last two years.

Was out with my young nephew several years ago at a pub / club. He came over and showed me photos from two different girls who had 'upskirted' naked pics to him. I was gobsmacked. He thought it was funny and indicated it was commonplace.

It is risky part of young peoples culture. When you are a high profile player it comes with added risk this kind of behaviour (someone after 15 minutes of fame of money). Patto is a fool if he has done this. Just don't do it.

I am not a newspaper kinda guy- this is the biggest yikes lol.
Read the Herald Sun, they say "We don't suggest these allegations are true, only they have been made"

That should tell you there is a massive hole in the allegation s that even the tabloids are trying to distance themselves

Was out with my young nephew several years ago at a pub / club. He came over and showed me photos from two different girls who had 'upskirted' naked pics to him. I was gobsmacked. He thought it was funny and indicated it was commonplace.

It is risky part of young peoples culture. When you are a high profile player it comes with added risk this kind of behaviour (someone after 15 minutes of fame of money). Patto is a fool if he has done this. Just don't do it.
You've been fleeced by your nephew if you think it is commonplace. It is absolutely NOT part of young people's culture- that's a shitty justification.
People trying to normalise sexual assault/harassment or downplay victims of it coming forward definitely do not speak for any generation.

You've been fleeced by your nephew if you think it is commonplace. It is absolutely NOT part of young people's culture- that's a shitty justification.
People trying to normalise sexual assault/harassment or downplay victims of it coming forward definitely do not speak for any generation.
You were not there. The girls sent them to him. He did not ask for them and I did not expect to see what I saw. I can assure you of that.

If you think this does not go on among young people today you are mistaken.

You were not there. The girls sent them to him. He did not ask for them and I did not expect to see what I saw. I can assure you of that.

woops- I had misread what you had sent!
Missed the important part where they had sent it to him, sorry mate

It certainly makes drafting legislation problematic. - You can only legislate on actual actions, not intentions or habits. counter to this if its electronic means its easy to prove the former.

As a different generation I'm finding it ironic that a generation which can be so prissy in 'cancel culture' terms can be so irresponsible itself. I guess other generations had their own version too.

Reality TV, Bullying, harassment is central to ratings gold but the 'offended' culture is totally opposed to that (Am I wrong assuming its the same people with dual standards?)

My view, we are a family club and we should hold ourselves to certain values.

With that said, everyone has a family member who has done something wrong, but we still love them. I'd love for him to be put into a programme where he commits to 400-500 hours of community service over the next 2 years of his remaining contract helping in places such as domestic abuse shelters etc, learning from victims of sexual abuse etc, so that he has an opportunity to grow and learn from this.

In todays society we discard too easily when many things can be fixed.

If this occurred at any workplace, and you were the boss at said workplace, how would you act?

A random female has provided you and your management team with evidence that one of your male staff had sent explicit pictures, unwanted explicit pictures, to her. I'd like to think there would be mechanisms in place to deal with a one off, internally, hoping like hell it was a one off, said male showed remorse, apologised etc.

It's disgraceful for this to be happening and it should never happen. The boss should be front and centre of this.

Now you as the boss become aware that it isn't a one off, there are multiple complainants and a pattern of behaviour is developing. Nothing is really done except to try to placate said female/s and the broader community even as the media pick up the story. Now how do you deal with it? Is it the same as what the HFC are doing or do you make a stand, show the broader community this is not acceptable, show your members/stakeholders you have conviction to live by the motto your company lives and breaths by, show support to all the females employed by your company and any in the future considering being employed?

I'm at a loss at the lack of comment from the club. Our club, the family club. It makes me feel sick.

And I've got two daughters who will grow up with such ease and accessibility within these apps where knobs like JP and others have the opportunity to randomly prey on and abuse them. Long gone are the days of the subtle art of conversation
Any sensible institution would make sure they get all the facts at hand first before they go about throwing their own players under the bus. Granted it looks as though Patton has some serious and deserved punishment coming up, I’d rather the club be thorough and balanced than joining the all-knowing internet lynch mob who ‘think’ they know the whole story.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sharing photos of someone else without their consent is illegal now with revenge pr0n laws
It's not a yay boobies moment

Both are sh*t acts

To clarify, his reasoning for sharing was a 'yay boobs' moment. I consider Patton's far more damaging from an intention point of view. Morally at least.

I‘d like to hear from some of our female supporters on what has transpired. if I was keen on girl and I wanted her to like me, sending her a photo of my penis would be the last thing I would do.
I’m not surprised by what he’s sent to these women. This is common practice on dating apps and men tend to take rejection very badly. I’m surprised at how stupid he is to be verified and doing it on Instagram where it’s very clear he is a public figure.
My opinion of him(not knowing him personally) is that he has a lot of mental health issues. I also think he appears to have gone through his life always being the big, attractive, footy player who has always been built up and believes he can treat people however he wants and somehow struggles to understand why anyone wouldn’t want anything to do with him.
As a Hawthorn member, I’ve always felt Hawthorn and their attitudes towards women were a lot behind other clubs mainly Fremantle and Western Bulldogs.
So in saying that I would love to see Hawthorn make an example of Patton and set a bar for the club but also the AFL. However if they do, when it comes to a player of a higher and more important calibre in a similar situation I want them to be treated the exact same.
If they do get rid of him I hope they give him support. If they keep him I hope the club makes a huge deal to improve their attitudes towards women.

It is a lot more common place.

Can't remember the ap... something-roulette. On the computer and at a party, some of the girls were randomly exposing themselves to people in various parts of Australia and the world.

(Not condoning Patton, just backing up Milkshake story)

One of the girls got these messages 2 years ago and only now comes out and complains? Can’t help but think she was okay with them back then but after girls started complaining she decided to hop on the train/looking for a payout. If it was that bad wouldn’t you file a complaint the day it happened? Just to be clear I am not excusing/defending Patton at all , bloke seems like a grub.

One of the stories is from 2017. This makes it 4 years old and puts Patton as a 24y.o. (for those saying 27y.o. should know better)

One woman says she didn't like his sexual messages or photos. Umm.. do these devices have block buttons and report buttons?

Back when he was a GWS / AFL problem. The complaint would have never been allowed to gain any traction.

To clarify, his reasoning for sharing was a 'yay boobs' moment. I consider Patton's far more damaging from an intention point of view. Morally at least.
Not for the girl who had the photo Shared without her consent

I’m not surprised by what he’s sent to these women. This is common practice on dating apps and men tend to take rejection very badly. I’m surprised at how stupid he is to be verified and doing it on Instagram where it’s very clear he is a public figure.
My opinion of him(not knowing him personally) is that he has a lot of mental health issues. I also think he appears to have gone through his life always being the big, attractive, footy player who has always been built up and believes he can treat people however he wants and somehow struggles to understand why anyone wouldn’t want anything to do with him.
As a Hawthorn member, I’ve always felt Hawthorn and their attitudes towards women were a lot behind other clubs mainly Fremantle and Western Bulldogs.
So in saying that I would love to see Hawthorn make an example of Patton and set a bar for the club but also the AFL. However if they do, when it comes to a player of a higher and more important calibre in a similar situation I want them to be treated the exact same.
If they do get rid of him I hope they give him support. If they keep him I hope the club makes a huge deal to improve their attitudes towards women.
Gotchya, so the motivation for his actions is to cause offence. ’You don’t want to date me, I respond by sending you a dick pick.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back