News Welcome to Hawthorn Jon Patton : Retired

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I‘d like to hear from some of our female supporters on what has transpired. if I was keen on girl and I wanted her to like me, sending her a photo of my penis would be the last thing I would do.
My sister in law is a massive hawks fan and stands ready to tear up her membership if allegations are proven and he isnt delisted

Gotchya, so the motivation for his actions is to cause offence. ’You don’t want to date me, I respond by sending you a dick pick.”
I don’t understand what goes on inside a 20 something mans head.
From the screenshots it appears he keeps messaging them and not getting a reply. You often get people unmatching and rematching to have another go or just messaging again weeks or months after the conversation fizzled out.
I guess it’s one last crack to show these girls what they are missing out on.

From the screenshots it appears he keeps messaging them and not getting a reply. You often get people unmatching and rematching to have another go or just messaging again weeks or months after the conversation fizzled out.

Hmm one would think when he is doing these things and making these calls he may be affected by something. Could be pissed or whatever as you don’t normally send pics of yourself tugging away to strangers when sober and thinking rationally do you?

My view, we are a family club and we should hold ourselves to certain values.

With that said, everyone has a family member who has done something wrong, but we still love them. I'd love for him to be put into a programme where he commits to 400-500 hours of community service over the next 2 years of his remaining contract helping in places such as domestic abuse shelters etc, learning from victims of sexual abuse etc, so that he has an opportunity to grow and learn from this.

In todays society we discard too easily when many things can be fixed.
Based on the information I’ve seen so far I think this is better than dumping him straight up.

If the club just cut him loose then his AFL career ends on a very sour note and based on his track record I wouldn’t be surprised if he fails to really learn a lesson from it. More likely to become resentful of these women and women in general and continue in a similar fashion.

At least by keeping him on the club can work with him on it and it gives him incentive to really work on changing himself as it would obviously be a last chance situation.

But I don’t have all available information so it’s possible keeping him on just won’t be a tenable position.

I’m 26 but can’t get my head around Jons inability to read a situation. Especially when you’re flat out not getting a reply for 5-6 messages in a row?

The Hawthorn part of me wants him to somehow redeem himself, and be a top level contributor for the next few years.

The non-Hawthorn part of isn't sure, but whatever happens, will find it very difficult, probably impossible, to warm to him in any way over the rest of his time here.
please explain

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To be honest most employers would not have grounds to do anything as the behaviour is wholly unrelated to the workplace. In most work places only criminal charges could bring it into relevance.

Footy is different though given specific contractual clauses permit clubs to discipline or terminate players for off field actions that are unrelated to their work. The more I hear of this, the more I think we should be terminating. It’s not a case of him going over the top with flirting on one occasion. He’s a repeat offender who clearly gets off on making women uncomfortable. Bin him
It is related to his work. He is not only a footballer but a representative of the club.

If a school kid acts up on a train they can get suspended from school.

Had this been involving a no name admin staff it would be a leave it to the cops scenario but as its a public representative it becomes a work place issue.

I think you identified it perfectly earlier when you asserted that some men can’t handle rejection. His fragile ego was probably at stake.

Don't you have to be "friends" with people on those platforms to direct message them? How is he initially making contact with them and starting a chat if they have no interest?
Not always. Most give users a varying level of control over whether strangers can see their profiles or even directly message them.

What makes me wonder with this is why there are ongoing conversations in these screenshots. There's no need to continue messaging him back telling him they're not interested. All these platforms provide the ability to block another user.

I'm not making any excuse for what Patton has done - he should not be doing it. It's just strange that when someone has the ability to permanently end an unpleasant interaction with just a couple taps of their phone screen at no cost to their preferred experience on that platform that they would elect to leave that channel of communication open for potentially more undesired content.

If someone had an issue with random strangers walking into their house through the front door, stealing their stuff and just generally intruding then of course those strangers are in the wrong - no question. But if it kept happening and it turned out the victim had a perfectly good front door with a functioning lock but they simply were electing to never lock up their house then we'd all be wondering, "why wouldn't you just lock your door?"

Not always. Most give users a varying level of control over whether strangers can see their profiles or even directly message them.

What makes me wonder with this is why there are ongoing conversations in these screenshots. There's no need to continue messaging him back telling him they're not interested. All these platforms provide the ability to block another user.

I'm not making any excuse for what Patton has done - he should not be doing it. It's just strange that when someone has the ability to permanently end an unpleasant interaction with just a couple taps of their phone screen at no cost to their preferred experience on that platform that they would elect to leave that channel of communication open for potentially more undesired content.

If someone had an issue with random strangers walking into their house through the front door, stealing their stuff and just generally intruding then of course those strangers are in the wrong - no question. But if it kept happening and it turned out the victim had a perfectly good front door with a functioning lock but they simply were electing to never lock up their house then we'd all be wondering, "why wouldn't you just lock your door?"

100%

They need to block or report user. Not hard to do on all those platforms

So he has been stood down or not?
According to Jeff on twitter:

"Jon has been stood down pending our Integrity Committee examining the issue and facts. Please do not pre judge until all facts are known. Only then will the Club report to members and public. Thank you."

I didn't go to a private school and was educated within the public school sector (both primary and secondary). Both my parents were also teachers in public high schools.

So I have no great love for private schools and believe they get more than their fair share of public funding. But I can't see any link at all between being educated in private schools and bad attitudes / violence towards women. That seems like a stretch to me.

I honestly think that Patton's issues stem from his inflated sense of self worth. Or basically he is just a massive man child as other posters have already said.
The level of funding private schools get is f*ing disgusting

Different scenario though. Broad simply had a 'yay, boobs!' moment and broke the trust of his 'friend' by sharing her image she obviously contested to taking. Crummy but not the worst thing that's ever happened.

Patton is accused of sending aggressive messages with naked photos of himself (and this is a whole other argument) some argue is 'digital rape' due to it's unwanted nature.
Digital rape... ffs🤦🏼‍♂️
Not directed at you personally. This world has gone ****ing soft as butter. I am worried for my kids growing up with this sort of garbage.

I‘d like to hear from some of our female supporters on what has transpired. if I was keen on girl and I wanted her to like me, sending her a photo of my penis would be the last thing I would do.

I cannot understand this whole 'dick pic' thing at all. Maybe I'm just an old fuddy duddy but in my day if a bloke liked you he'd send you flowers not a picture of his little man.

Digital rape... ffs🤦🏼‍♂️
Not directed at you personally. This world has gone ******* soft as butter. I am worried for my kids growing up with this sort of garbage.
It's not just the DPs....its the messages too. His whole attitude towards the women is pretty deplorable.

If it was any other person sending that s**t to my daughters i'd be wanting more than a slap on the wrist.

Jon, just be better.

Digital rape... ffs🤦🏼‍♂️
Not directed at you personally. This world has gone ******* soft as butter. I am worried for my kids growing up with this sort of garbage.
If I had a daughter, I’d worry about her receiving unwanted masturbation videos and then get abused by the sender when it doesn’t lead to sex.

Shit analogy re locking the door

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back