Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn, Josh Morris

Remove this Banner Ad

Morris has played 4 games. It’s way too early to be writing him off at this stage. Our ball movement going inside 50 is terrible and doesn’t give any forwards enough opportunities.

Not writing him off, just saying he has been gifted 4 or 5 games this year and isn't up to it yet.

Not writing him off, just saying he has been gifted 4 or 5 games this year and isn't up to it yet.
Yep because we are lacking a player in his role. Poppy is getting on and Minch who knows if he plays next year hanrahan still hasn't grabbed the spot with both hands

Agree. But at least we have fast tracked someone this year.

You are writing him off
He got injured today and played out the game hobbled

You are writing him off
He got injured today and played out the game hobbled

LOL, I said he currently isn't AFL standard, how is that the same as writing him off ? It's clear as day he isn't currently AFL standard.

But he's only a 1st year player, hopefully in a couple of seasons he will be AFL standard.

LOL, I said he currently isn't AFL standard, how is that the same as writing him off ? It's clear as day he isn't currently AFL standard.

But he's only a 1st year player, hopefully in a couple of seasons he will be AFL standard.
Ok writing off is too strong.
More like dismissing his current ability based off one game that he didn't finish fully fit

Ok writing off is too strong.
More like dismissing his current ability based off one game that he didn't finish fully fit

I'm basing my opinion off every game I've seen him this year. But yeah as I said in the post above, it's not like we really have any other viable options.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A shame he missed out a year of VFL
A good point to keep in mind for those desperate to play Finn and all the other kids. Can’t expect the world from kids who haven’t played against men much. From what I’ve read Morris has been a solid performer in the scratch matches so seemed to have earned his call up but he hasn’t had an impact yet.

A good point to keep in mind for those desperate to play Finn and all the other kids. Can’t expect the world from kids who haven’t played against men much. From what I’ve read Morris has been a solid performer in the scratch matches so seemed to have earned his call up but he hasn’t had an impact yet.
It is harder in a losing side playing his role. The way we are bringing the ball has players like Breust struggling

He just seems very nervous when he gets the footy, and that's fine. He's a kid in his first handful of senior games. He'll be better for the run he gets this year. Get a preseason into him (don't think he had one this year because of a knee injury) and see what he can do at VFL (and possibly AFL) level next season.

How far off is he from getting a game? We desperately need more small/medium forwards putting their hand up for selection.

I think Jeka is the only player who’s had more scoring shots in the four VFL practice games.

How far off is he from getting a game? We desperately need more small/medium forwards putting their hand up for selection.

I think Jeka is the only player who’s had more scoring shots in the four VFL practice games.

He looks to have bulked up across the chest. I believe he has more of an all round game than Ollie, certainly better in the contest department. Ollie is quicker. Morris will fly for a speccie and will crack in with some physical stuff. I'd expect they will rest Brockman at some time and Morris is hopefully straight in.

Who's spot does he take?

Won't be Breust, and Moore has done enough (leading our goal kicking).

Do we want to drop Brockman for him?

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn, Josh Morris

Remove this Banner Ad

Back