Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn: Josh Ward. Extends to 2025!

Remove this Banner Ad

The fact that he is not a lock best 22 still says nothing about him as a player and everything about where we are at as a team. Stoked for him because a performance like that will do him a world of good.

So happy for him, had a hawks mate saying Ward hasn’t lived up to his draft status when selected and I told him wait till this game so I’m so happy for him.

Guy is an on baller he is similar to Sam Walsh (obv not as good) but he is a natural head down get footy footballer. Not his fault he never got the chance but he’s shown it and it’s now up to Sam Mitchell to make it work. Nash, Duke, CMAC, Ward, Day, Worps is set for the next 6-8 years

What’s the outlook on Day? Wards spot probably hinges on that. Unless they decide to swap him in for Finn.
I think Finn will make way for Day. Finn was also fantastic tonight though.

Ward was tough, clean, and used his pace really well around stopage. He's had more disposals and bigger games but I think that was his best all round game for the club. Rose to the moment like we all hoped he would. Hard work pays off. So happy for the kid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The most pleasing thing for me is when it was hot in the kitchen early on and others weren’t keeping their composure, Wardy did- one touch hands and quick decisions.
He still had a couple of nervous kicks and a couple of handballs that weren’t the best option, but it’s so obvious this element will only get better the more he believes. Would love to see him kick a goal next week to really announce his arrival

Lewis was a pick 72
Meek was a pick 69
Moore a pick 67
Sicily a pick 56
Worpel a pick 45
Bruest a rookie pick
Newcombe a mid season pick
D’Ambrosio a mid season pick

Talk to me about these “steak knives”.
You forgot Dear.

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn: Josh Ward. Extends to 2025!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back