Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn - Keegan Brooksby

Remove this Banner Ad

Is an outstanding state league footballer and more than capable of holding his own at the top level.

Won’t be a superstar, but fills a glaring hole on our list.

Is an outstanding state league footballer and more than capable of holding his own at the top level.

Won’t be a superstar, but fills a glaring hole on our list.

if reports on Reeves’ game are accurate (and I have no reason to think they’re not) he won’t be needed at AFL level unless we have both Cegs and Reeves go down. Even then we might switch BB to ruck again and bring in a chb option. My point is that he is unlikely to play at AFL level, good to have just in case

if reports on Reeves’ game are accurate (and I have no reason to think they’re not) he won’t be needed at AFL level unless we have both Cegs and Reeves go down. Even then we might switch BB to ruck again and bring in a chb option. My point is that he is unlikely to play at AFL level, good to have just in case

Can 100% guarantee that he would play ahead of Reeves at this point.

Hawthorn signs ruckman from SANFL to complaints from SA club etc. Essendon signs ruckman from SANFL and not one word is spoken in anger.
Don't think I'm playing this right (not sticking it to essendon) but Keegan was the second Ruckman this SA team has lost two seasons running just prior or during a season and he was a major part of their junior development system.
Our gain but they are right to be pissed.

Don't think I'm playing this right (not sticking it to essendon) but Keegan was the second Ruckman this SA team has lost two seasons running just prior or during a season and he was a major part of their junior development system.
Our gain but they are right to be pissed.
Spot on.

Hawthorn signs ruckman from SANFL to complaints from SA club etc. Essendon signs ruckman from SANFL and not one word is spoken in anger.
Depends where you look i guess.

I listened to Lyon and Watson this morning, they were full of chat about Norwood losing their guy to Ess. Didnt mention hawthorn or Brooksby once. And Tim has red and black blood.

He's a fukn ripper that Cornes Hands down the funniest prick in the media. If i had a dollar for every time he has made me squeeze my but cheeks for fear of seepage I may have, well probably 3 or 4 bucks.
Kane Cornes asked Brooksby if he felt like he was being exploited by Hawthorn.
WTF?

On SM-J530Y using BigFooty.com mobile app

Who cares what his SANFL team thinks, they exist to be a feeder into the national comp. If you keep getting players pinched by the big boys then surely that's confirmation you're doing something right.

Who cares what his SANFL team thinks, they exist to be a feeder into the national comp. If you keep getting players pinched by the big boys then surely that's confirmation you're doing something right.

Correct. They need to accept that ultimately their purpose is the same as Gippsland Power or any other junior team.

If they are NOT producing AFL players, then why not?

It sucks for the SANFL who were once a very strong competition, but that's the reality they now face.

Correct. They need to accept that ultimately their purpose is the same as Gippsland Power or any other junior team.

If they are NOT producing AFL players, then why not?

It sucks for the SANFL who were once a very strong competition, but that's the reality they now face.

As a die hard SANFL (Glenelg) fan I think most of us have finally come to terms with the place in the pecking order. What is absolute horseshit is the extended time the AFL clubs get to finalise their list.

Ideally AFL clubs get a list/squad of say 50 which has to be finalised immediately after the drafts. None of this long term injury exception rubbish.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kane Cornes asked Brooksby if he felt like he was being exploited by Hawthorn.
WTF?

I've never been able to understand the reason why, but the Cornes family see Hawthorn as some evil being. They find fault with everything we do. FWIW, I've seen a bit of Brooksby in the SANFL and I cannot see any reason why he cannot perform at AFL level. I'm glad to see he's got his chance.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn - Keegan Brooksby

Remove this Banner Ad

Back