Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn : Lloyd Meek

Remove this Banner Ad

Meek doesn't do push ups, he pushes the earth down.

Have seen the club get a bit creative with their finances and sending Big Meeky down to Dingley as a human excavator.

Have seen the club get a bit creative with their finances and sending Big Meeky down to Dingley as a human excavator.
He was filming a commercial with a grizzly bear. The bear suddenly made a low gutteral growling sound, and the bear handler said "OK very slowly and calmly walk away backwards."

And the bear very slowly and calmly walked away backwards.

So he’s todays Benjamin Stratton?

Meeks decision making with hands has been fantastic. His work inside against the blooz was like having a megalaroughy playing
How’s his burst speed the last couple of weeks? Getting the ball and leaving a trail of fire behind him.

How’s his burst speed the last couple of weeks? Getting the ball and leaving a trail of fire behind him.
He's playing like a giant ruck rover. He's one we can't afford to lose if we get to play finals

He's playing like a giant ruck rover. He's one we can't afford to lose if we get to play finals
I’d go so far as to say he is in our most important 3 players now. Amazing impact.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep so important.....irreplaceable?
Not saying Ned or Ramsden wouldn’t give it a decent crack, but if Lloyd were to be kidnapped by Liberian rebels for 4 hours and sadly unable to play, we would struggle a bit.

Not saying Ned or Ramsden wouldn’t give it a decent crack, but if Lloyd were to be kidnapped by Liberian rebels for 4 hours and sadly unable to play, we would struggle a bit.
We should probably have Liam Neeson’s number on hand just in case.

How good was Meeks’s cheeky little sidestep on Brodie Kemp. He's pretty nimble on his feet for such a big unit.

IMO this guy is sitting right at the top of our most improved players this season and he has been enormous 🙌🏽

View attachment 2079613
One of the most improved and close to the most important. He’s vital.

The only way reeves gets back in is if he rucks and Lloyd roves!! He'd be a excellent centre clearance mid with his big frame and quick hands.

The only way reeves gets back in is if he rucks and Lloyd roves!! He'd be a excellent centre clearance mid with his big frame and quick hands.
If Day is a large midfielder, Nash is a XL midfielder then what would that make Meek if he played ruck rover? XXXXL?

Fore he's pretty much the complete ruckman now, the only thing I wish he would do more off is drag down a couple more marks a game but that's about it.

For me he's been the single most important factor in our turn around this year, knowing we have a big physical ruck who will crack in and provide a contest not just in th ruck but around the ground has been huge to the sides form and also team morale.

Love that Sam rocked up at his place all those years ago and sold him the vision of what he believed he could be and now Meeky is experiencing all of that and more. Mentioned that the way Sam sounded him out made a huge impression on him but the big guy bought in and put in the work so kudos to him.

What are others’ thoughts on Meek’s performance the last few weeks. I feel like he’s battled well, but has won the contest the last few weeks. Still going well, but we need him to get back to his dominant best to be any chance in finals.

Am I being too harsh?

What are others’ thoughts on Meek’s performance the last few weeks. I feel like he’s battled well, but has won the contest the last few weeks. Still going well, but we need him to get back to his dominant best to be any chance in finals.

Am I being too harsh?

Agree. A lot of times I think he's been comfortably beaten, only to see others giving him votes. I think he's found greater consistency in his play during the year, but his opposition have also become more aware - he's not "surprising" them anymore and they are better prepared for him.

Am I being too harsh?
I think you're being too Harsh. He's not playing his best footy, but we are also 4 - 1 in the last 5 weeks with every win over 60 points. Sometimes a better individual game doesn't mean better for the team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn : Lloyd Meek

Remove this Banner Ad

Back