Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn : Lloyd Meek

Remove this Banner Ad

Just watched his post-match interview, loved it! What a thoughtful gentle giant, but when he crosses that white line........
I think it is his Gentleness that is making commentators not speak about him in same scary tones as they did when talking about Shane Mumford.
Meek is 4 cm taller and almost same size as Mummy.

Also, any idea on what he is in $$$, given the big $$$ given to Darcy, English, Gawn etc he will command the same.

Is he OOC in 2025?

Last edited:
He's the perfect modern day ruckman. You simply need ruckmen that can take marks, bullock, and have an impact around the ground.

Him coming into the side and finding form has been a big contributor to our excellent form.
I’d go as far as saying from a player perspective he’s been the number 1 contributor to how turn around (amongst plenty others of course like Mass, Scrimmers, Frost, etc, etc).

We have gone from having a ruck division in 2023 that was a weakness to just witnessing our primary ruck absolutely destroy (and I mean destroy) last years All Australian ruckman in an Elimination final.

I too saw the potential in Meek.

He was AVG as a second ruck and couldn't find his feet resting up forward, but noticed his CD ranking points were 100+ in the 4 or 5 games he played without Reeves.

Reeves probably only exceeded that 4 or 5 times in the many games he rucked solo.

Statistically, the signs were there.

On SM-S928B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Was wearing my meek Monday shirt today and was introduced to a young lady who found it very amusing..

Turns out it was Lloyd's sister. We had a picture taken and sent to lloyd. She tells me he is a gentle giant and loves his meek Mondays.

On SM-A546E using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unsure if many people have noticed / acknowledged, but Meek is incredibly articulate and just comes off as someone who you’d love to play with.

https://www.hawthornfc.com.au/video...dal=true&type=video&publishFrom=1725861869001

Wouldn’t be surprised if he eventually has a leadership role in the club.
He definitely comes across as an intelligent and very affable dude.

TBH that was probably his biggest hurdle to overcome to be the top level ruck he is today. Developing that inner mongrel is harder for someone like Meek as compared to a campaigner like Mummy or Nankervis.

But he has learnt to harness is inner mongrel this year and that combined with his insane levels of size, strength and skills make me wonder just how good this guy could be in the next five years?

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn : Lloyd Meek

Remove this Banner Ad

Back